cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problems

hondo

Speed problems

Well I wished Jame's would take a look at my tickets if he's that good, because I'm getting really peed off with PN & their service now .
There's too much it could be your end, or it could BT, wait 3 days, then reboot the router BAH!!!
12 REPLIES 12
mal0z
Grafter

Speed problems

James has been on a well deserved holiday for the last two weeks, and I believe he's back tomorrow. But there have been plenty of oth PN Comms staff dealing with messages here during the fortnight. But the last message on this thread was end of June.
Have you sent a reply to James ticket ?
hondo

Speed problems

Have you sent a reply to James ticket ?

I'm afraid I don't know what that is. But thank you for replying
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Speed problems

How do you expect people on this thread to know what you are talking about?
@Mal it was somebody elses thread that was finished in June,  Hondo Just appeared, I wonder what his problem Is as it is only his first post.
Belated Welcome to the Forum Hondo, I see you have been a Forum member for nearly a year and this is your first post
mal0z
Grafter

Speed problems

yes Hondo - sorry if I confused things - but I suggest you start your own thread and describe the problem. There is a lot of help here from community members - and the PN Comms staff read and respond too.
hondo

Speed problems

Sorry if I confused the issue, and thank you for the welcome
What I'm complaining about is slow, slow speeds I usually max out at around 3Mbs down but on a number of occasions in the past this has gone down to crazy speeds like below, see Pic. I followed the Kitz forum ages ago for a while, and soon realised turning the router off after each session wasn't at all a good idea, therefore I reboot now in between 3 and 5 days and where possible I reboot during mid after noon about 15:00 to minimise any AM radio interference, furthermore I have removed every telephone bell wire in the house.
Yet right out of the blue, I'm getting down right crazy download speeds again

mal0z
Grafter

Speed problems

OK - have you read this:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/07/02/broadband-speed-faults-how-to-diagnose/
if you still have issues may I suggest you repost the problem with as many details as possible: router stats, details of wiring, installation etc etc. over on the other forum at:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,4.0.html
then that will attract the maximum attention, and tomorrow the full team will return to Plusnet Towers
hope that helps
hondo

Speed problems

Thanks for the reply and information mal0z
hondo

Speed problems

Since my last post, things seem to have come back to life again.  Smiley I did change my router at 2ish today, assuming that was the problem I wasn't expecting any major increase in speed for at least 3 days  Shocked
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Speed problems

it is best to do it in the morning, its not unknown for the internet to slow down from 12 noon onwards but definitely not after 4
mal0z
Grafter

Speed problems

Good news.
If you want - you could still give us your router stats - maybe at different times of day, and other details etc., distance from exchange etc. and people will advice if they think you are getting what would be expected.
Some people here ( not necessarily me ) are good at interpreting the results.
good luck
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Speed problems

Right hondo, I've split out the discussion of your speed problems in to its own brand new thread. Use it wisely. Wink
James
Grafter

Re: Speed problems

Hi Hondo.
Glad to see that your speeds are better again now.
Look at your account, it does appear that there was a BT profile change late on the 16th, which has improved your speeds and may well be related to the change of router.