cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

zubel
Community Veteran

Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

Please direct all discussion over the answers posted by Anthony in this thread.
Many thanks
B.
167 REPLIES 167
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

Thanks for the fairly full (and frank :D) set of responses that you've just posted Anthony.
I've only had a quick scan through so far, but they do look to answer the questions as posed.  Certainly looking forward to your increased posting in the Forum promise and particularly happy with the plans to improve the interaction with PUG.
Looking forward to working with you and the team on the new initiatives
Maurice
(PUG chairman)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Interesting to see that the 0845 numbers for support will be free to PN telephone customers at all times, useful marketing ploy.
(Except for me on BT anytime where they are free anyway  Smiley )
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
coastergrotto
Grafter

I, too, would like to thank Anthony for his frank answers to the questions.  As he says he does read the forums I'm sure it would be appreciated if he popped in from time to time with a response when a policy topic, or similar, has been posted.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I am very happy to be proved wrong about this Smiley and would like to thank Anthony for his time in answering our questions.
I also hope he continues to visit here and respond to the inevitable Wink Smiley
BTW Welcome to the Forum Anthony Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

Smiley nice to see there not all vague answers.
just had quick scan and looks like he's chucked some meaty bones to he's pack of dogs Grin
Santiago
Grafter

Mr Vollmer, Thank you for your reply to our questions. It was pleasing to see that you have taken on board the comments in a positive way and recognise the opportunity for improvements for both the customers and the company.
I too would welcome you participation in the community.
You would be well advised to get these guys here on your side, it will be good for you and for plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Hi Anthony - welcome to the forum!  Smiley  Your apology for lateness is accepted.  Wink
I consider the answers to our questions to be as full and frank as one could reasonably expect; certainly I am satisfied with the answers to my own questions - thank you.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Good to hear from you Anthony and thank you for your detailed and frank answers. Smiley  Good to hear also that you will be popping into the forums occasionally. 
godsell4
Rising Star

Thanks Anthony, the replies are welcome, lets hope this becomes the basis for a discussion with your customers.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Laser
Grafter

Thanks for giving proper and considered answers. It looks so much better than a lot of marketing-speak! Tongue
My main concern with what's written is the number of times the word "growth" appears... The corporate owners of the company I work for use the term a lot and I have come to associate it with "blinkered focus on overly specific statistics resulting in poor treatment of employees, customers and products". I hope that wont be the case with PN. Lips_are_sealed
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Oh dear!
More than a month of waiting for this anodyne piece.
Very long on content - but lacking in any real substance.
e.g
Phorm / Webwise
Are there any plans to use Phorm (Webwise) or any other kind of advertising revenue money maker technology to the Plusnet network? And if so would some of the profit be used to offer lower monthly bills to PN broadband customers?

Currently we have no plans to implement Webwise or any similar technology.
Why not an undertaking to protect the privacy of Plusnet's customers?
What numbers can you give us to demonstrate that the new products are working?
How does the take up of the new products by new customers compare to expectations? - not answered
Has there been any significant change in the number of referrals since 17 Feb? - vague answer
Has there been any significant change in the number of new sign-ups since 17 Feb? - answered
How many Plusnet customers are there currently, and what figure do you expect/hope for a year from now? - answered
How does the take up of the new products compare from existing customers before and after the reduction on contract length from 18 months to 12 months? - not answered

Key reason behind moving away from the 0114 number was operational – I would have like to have kept it if it wasn’t for this. The reason was that Plusnet’s IVR system (which allows to us route calls between our Sheffield and Durban call centres) will not support the 0114 number. So in order to make sure we can balance the load across the 2 call centres and answer the phones, we took the decision to stop publicising the 0114 number. This has helped us significantly to improve our call answer rate.

Excellent!
Since 0845 numbers are not cheap or free, when I ring the 0114 number I am guaranteed a response from a British call centre. Smiley
This was a MAJOR reason for my joining Plusnet - please keep this feature  - I have little confidence in foreign call centres.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: praxisofevil
Oh dear!
More than a month of waiting for this anodyne piece.

It's a start Jeremy and that's more than we expected  Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's a start - we can see the questions, but there's few answers worth having, with the exception of how to make sure you aren't fobbed off with the SA call centre Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Where has the Ask the Boss (Questions) thread gone?
I specifically asked why existing customers couldn't change product without having a 12 month contract imposed even if they were NOT taking any freebies or introductory pricing, This has NOT been answered.
I also asked why he was padding the balance sheet. I believe that I explained the questions fully in that thread.
The least that I expected was a straightforward answer to these two issues.
WALOR!
Edit: p.s. My Questions were in Reply# 4 and 26 in the Questions thread. No answers to any of these! BOO!