Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh summary

Mand
Grafter

Product Refresh summary

Hi guys
In an effort to clear up remaining confusion, and so you don't have to read through the mahoosive thread, I've summarised the changes and current situation following the product refresh below. Smiley
We currently have 3 products on sale, Value, Unlimited and Pro. The detail for these can be found here:
http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop
New customers signing up to these products will have an 18 month contract, but will have the option of free activation, hardware, house move and introductory pricing.
Existing customers have the following options:
- Stay as you are, on your current product and terms
- Move to one of the new products, on a 12 month contract, with introductory pricing but no hardware, but keeping any value added services which are active on your account at present
- Move to one of the new products, on an 18 month contract, and take advantage of the free hardware and house move (you also get the introductory pricing, and to keep any current value added services)
- Move to another BBYW product on the same terms (if you're an existing BBYW customer only)
- Recontract on your current product (£3 off for 12 months subject to a 12 month contract)
- Change BBYW product and recontract (if you're an existing BBYW customer only)
Other changes recently made include:
- Making the current PAYH trial available to both new and existing customers.
- Allowing the CSC more flexibility during account changes (to keep unused components if requested by ticket).
- Adding the market checker to the exchange checker on the usertools site (we're also looking to get this on our www page).
- Account changes are now scheduled for the next billing date, regardless of whether this is an upgrade or a downgrade.
I hope the above helps clarify things somewhat. Smiley
71 REPLIES 71
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh summary

That's useful Mand, thanks.
Spider
Grafter

Thanks Mand a clearer summary.
One question that is not answered is - Can you add Max Premium to the new products?
Chaldon
Dabbler

Hi Mand - Thanks for the summary information.  However in the massive thread you referred to , I am sure that either you or one of your colleagues stated that existing users would need to sign up to an 18 month contract and then raise a ticket to have this reduced to 12 months if they didn't want to be tied in for 18 months.  Is this still the requirement?  If so may I suggest that you edit your post above to  include this procedure.
Incidentally what has happened to that massive thread - can't seem to locate it this  morning?
James
Grafter

Chaldon - You're right.
If you move to the new products, you would need to raise a ticket to request to move onto the 12 month contract.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Chaldon
Incidentally what has happened to that massive thread - can't seem to locate it this  morning?

The massive thread Product Refresh is still there - 70 pages now.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:post Hi, I have just split a number of posts off from this thread in order to keep it as on topic as I could - the aim is to keep this as a useful thread for easy access to the latest position. The split thread is here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74486.0.html mod:end
alnoble

One of my refers has just changed their product to from BBYW option one to Value and agreeded to an eighteen month contract but when checking if they would receive a new router. They have been told they need to pay a £6.99 delivery charge. This is not mentioned any where as far as I can see. They are not please neither am I. It's also not clear during the upgrade procees that you are signing up to Eighteen months.
Had she not raised a question to ask about the router I assume she would not have receive one and then would be asking me why not.
Alan
James
Grafter

Hi Alan,
Basically, the upgrade path doesn't offer a router, whereas the sign up journey does.  I'm afraid that's merely down to the way that the system works.
The £6.99 charge applies be it a sign up or an account change.
alnoble

James
Fair comment. I'm sure she will pay the £6.99 anyway. 
However I think you should ask your web team to update the upgrade path to reflect what Mand has clearly summariesed above to avoid  possible confussion or complains.
I would also note if you are on a home phone product which is no longer sold you cannot use the upgrade path to just change your broadband as it asks you to commit to either of your current phone products before you can move on.
Alan
James
Grafter

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your thoughts.
We home phone issue is something that we're aware of.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

would this apply to me James I am on the legacy 240 home phone, or is it that I should ask you when my reduced BBYW1 ends? (Value is dearer than BBYW1 reduced slightly) Wink
samuria
Grafter

What hasnt been mentioned or I have missed it in 100,s of comments is ADSL2. There seems little point in jumping onto the new unlimited if in a month there is to be ADSL2 and you may need to change again or does the new unlimited include ADSL2?
Anyone at Plusnet answer the likely cost of ADSL2 or will it be the same price I think a few would like to know before jumping onto unlimited.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Samuria, I echo your thoughts exactly.  ADSL2+ will soon be here, and I can find nowhere what PlusNets thoughts are regards the offerings. AFAIK, 21CN pricing is different , and a bit cheaper.  Hopefully I am soon joining the trial, exchange went live yesterday.  I would also want to know if they will be offering an upgrade to ADSL2+ on all their products not just current ones, legacy as well, even if its just the most recent legacy set, but this would be unfair!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet have stated on a number of occasions that decisions have yet to be taken on which products (current and legacy) will have 21CN/ADSL2+ options when this is rolled out. We shall have to be patient until those decisions are taken, though comment/interest might influence those decisions.
I think the only certainty is that it will be offered on Plusnet Unlimited - see attachment. However the trial is available on all products.
David