Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh

paxy
Grafter

VOIP on Unlimited Products

Hi
I may have missed it, but is there any inclusive minutes on the new unlimited products?  I couldn't see any reference to VOIP?
Thanks, Paxy
Mand
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh

I see your point there, but to not mark it as restricted and then field a lot of issues and concerns afterwards would be wrong IMO. Yes the products are managed, and yes we will tell you so.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The information on the Plusnet site could hardly be more confusing. Instead of a brief summary on the home page with a link to full details one has to follow links all over the place to find information some of which may be irrelevant.
http://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml "Stuff You Need To Know"
Refers to 12 month contract immediately below information on the new products. The link Read Terms & Conditions that follows takes one back to the home page.
It also refers to free off-peak usage. Does this apply to the Value package? If so this important information is not easy to find.
From the home page navigation is via More Info then Buy Now or a Buy Now pop-up (for which the 18-month small print disappears off of my screen). One is not taken to Terms & Conditions before being encouraged to buy.
I came to Plusnet because I didn't want to be locked into long contracts with BT (even when my initial contract was over I would have to keep threaten to go and take new 12 month contracts to get a good price deal). Plusnet was different. No lock-in and a good price - not the cheapest but good and with good reputation. If I didn't like the service I could leave which provides a good incentive for the company to provide a good service. I am sad that recently the BT way has increasingly come to Plusnet with deal after deal designed to lock people into contracts. It is a pity that despite terrible publicity about the service provided by certain other companies people continue to go for the cheapest options with long term lock-ins. Plusnet is losing its unique selling point and becoming just one of the crowd. It is sad if that has become a commercial necessity.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: VOIP on Unlimited Products

Nope, the VOIP offering on value and unlimited are both pay as you go.  Pro has some minutes included.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

The majority of those issues have already been raised and are in the process of being fixed.
Regarding the long contracts, we won't force you to move from your existing product with the monthly contract you have already. I appreciate some of you, particularly existing customers, do not like long contracts. However the reality is these products have to cost in, and a contract is necessary. The broadband market is getting more and more competitive, and the old products just did not stack up in comparison.
VileReynard
Hero

Why does it say that Plusnet "unlimited" costs from £11-99 per month?
In the fine print it says
If you live in one of our low cost areas you'll then pay £15.99

Which is it?
Is ADSL2+ going to be offered on the standard BBYW options?
There isn't much call for ADSL2+ on the extra-choked "Unlimited"
I think it's an unlimited pain - not an unlimited service.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mand
Grafter

Quote from: EvilOfAxis

Which is it?

It's both. The products have a lead price of £11.99, and will then be priced according to which market you fall into.
Is ADSL2+ going to be offered on the standard BBYW options?

The trial is offered on all products at the moment. I'm not sure at the moment whether this will extend to the full launch.
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Regarding the long contracts, we won't force you to move from your existing product with the monthly contract you have already. I appreciate some of you, particularly existing customers, do not like long contracts. However the reality is these products have to cost in, and a contract is necessary.

But why oh why couldn't Plusnet offer the new products to existing customers with 1 month contracts, minus the lead-in prices if need be? With no hardware, activation, or lead-in-loss costs to offset, surely Plusnet could simply offer the new products at their 'normal' prices to people who want to move to them, without losing any money. Because I'm telling you (well, not you specifically Mand, I mean Plusnet in general) that given the choice between tying myself in to PN for 18 months despite having been a customer for years, or migrating to another provider with either a shorter contract or, preferably, none at all, it wouldn't take me long to decide on the latter, and I suspect from other views expressed in this thread that I am by no means the only one.
VileReynard
Hero

Which is it?

It's both. The products have a lead price of £11.99, and will then be priced according to which market you fall into.

It's an 18 month contract - why not quote an 18 month price?
If it's not possible to pay £11-99 for the life of the contract, then it's not "from" is it?
Or is this purely a semantic issue - why not say "from £1 per month"?  Smiley

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Regarding the long contracts, we won't force you to move from your existing product with the monthly contract you have already. I appreciate some of you, particularly existing customers, do not like long contracts. However the reality is these products have to cost in, and a contract is necessary. The broadband market is getting more and more competitive, and the old products just did not stack up in comparison.

Have an option for a monthly contract with no initial three month discount - simple!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

It's an 18 month contract - why not quote an 18 month price?
If it's not possible to pay £11-99 for the life of the contract, then it's not "from" is it?
Or is this purely a semantic issue - why not say "from £1 per month"?  Smiley

There'd be no point having a lead price if it wasn't quoted. It's standard marketing practice to advertise a lead price, with the ongoing price detailed.
The ongoing price is pretty clear IMO. It's on both the initial sales page and the pop-up, and obviously detailed in signup once you've done a line check.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Keep watching this space folks. Pretty soon the headline price will be from 1p per day*
*For the first 5 days only
jelv
Seasoned Hero

It's standard marketing practice to advertise a lead price, with the ongoing price detailed.

So it's official then, Plusnet is abandoning anything that made it different and we back to the bad, days running up to the BT takeover where all you are doing is chasing market share and increased profits. I thought the last few months had been characterised by steady sustainable growth. What was it you lost last time round when it all went pear shaped - 20-30,000 users?
VileReynard
Hero

There'd be no point having a lead price if it wasn't quoted. It's standard marketing practice to advertise a lead price, with the ongoing price detailed.
The ongoing price is pretty clear IMO. It's on both the initial sales page and the pop-up, and obviously detailed in signup once you've done a line check.

The only point in having a lead price is to suck in those who neglect to read the small print carefully enough.
At least Plusnet always used be clear and up-front about their prices. No hidden catches.

Not applicable

Have read what I can about the new Value product and if I have it correctly, would benefit by moving to this from Option 1.
I am not over-anxious about speed etc as I only use the computer for general purposes and my current speed is more than adequate for this.
I have a market 3 exchange (there are about 5 or 6 companies with LLU). If I change I will get 10GB for £5.50 per month for an 18 month contract instead of £9.99 per month for 2GB (less the VAT of course) - is this correct please?