Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Product Refresh

It might affect Plusnet's costs, but show me where they've announced that users on 21CN exchanges pay anything different?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Spider
Grafter

I wonder if their is any correlation between the new 'Markets' and 21CN status at the exchange.
techguy
Grafter

I reckon a lot of referrals will be lost as if people have had a hellish time at another ISP on a contract and a customer on a legacy product recommends PN but of course the referree has to agreee to 18 months they might not be so keen to join.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've just been re-reading what Ian Wild said in his blog about leaving Plusnet (again). I sensed an unease about the direction things were going and had discussed what he said with one or two people before today. Ian would have been heavily involved in discussions on the new product set - perhaps that is what was hidden behind these words:
The business is certainly still viable, and BT’s plans set the Sheffield operation in good stead for the forseeable future. That said, the realities of such a tough market mean some compromise on the old Plusnet way of doing things is inevitable. BT have their own way of running a business which is not wrong, but certainly is a challenge to what has come before.

mal0z
Grafter

Well my one referee only agreed to PN becuase of the monthly contract after the 12 months deferred charges for the modem.
I was about to get two more very soon, but they won't be signing up to PN solely because of the 18 month contract  Angry
techguy
Grafter

Sorry to say but this has got BT written all over it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The 12/18 month contracts are obviously to ensure they recoup the costs of the headline grabbing prices offered for the first three months. I'd like to think that Plusnet users are a bit more intelligent than that.
Guys when ever we are discussing the prices with anyone else or posting on other forums make sure you post them correctly:
Plusnet Value: £11.99 per month. £6 per month discount if your exchange is an OFCOM Market 3 exchange, otherwise £6 discount for the first 3 months only.
Plusnet Unlimited: £19.99 per month. £8 per month discount for the first 3 months, then £4 per month discount if your exchange is an OFCOM Market 3 exchange, otherwise no discount after 3 months.
Spider
Grafter

@jelv
Don't forget to add Pro to your list at £19.99 as this is a new product.
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Guys when ever we are discussing the prices with anyone else or posting on other forums make sure you post them correctly:

I think it would be fair to use the Market 3 prices as the general prices we talk about, as those are the prices that the majority of people will pay, but yes I agree that we should certainly never talk of them in terms of their headline-grabbing lead-in prices.
techguy
Grafter

That's all they are, headline grabbing, if what you were previously doing was popular with customers who were happy to recommend the products (like I say I would been happy to stay if certain add ons had been rolled out) then why jump on a bandwagon that isn't going to be sustainable for a lot on board
mal0z
Grafter

So at the end of the year the VAT rate goes back up and these £9.99 and £19.99 prices top over the magic figures - or are you going absorb that increase ?
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
So at the end of the year the VAT rate goes back up and these £9.99 and £19.99 prices top over the magic figures - or are you going absorb that increase ?

I'm not sure on that one, it hasn't been discussed internally as yet.
techguy
Grafter

I doubt they will as the Treasury will want its cut so that be one hell of a lot to absorb.
I also note that no menton is made of traffic managment is made on the front page whereas you used to have access to that info before starting the sign up process.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Mand
... We won't force any existing customers to upgrade (we haven't with previous product refreshes either).

Nope, but pretty much making them change ISP if they want ADSl2+ though.
And now making it impossible to change BBYW packages, this could be a change to T&C's I feel.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Barry
Actually, it is dependant on 21CN because the backhauls and the new MSILs (replacement for centrals) are costed differently.

No this pricing change is not in any way related to  21CN - nor is it dependant on 21CN, or the backhauls.
Its all to do with OFCOM Broadband Access Market Classification