Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction of Cessation Charge

James
Grafter

Introduction of Cessation Charge

Hi everyone,
I wanted to give you all a heads up about some emails that we're going to be sending over the next 3 days, of which everyone should receive a copy.
Since September 8th, BT have been charging us roughly £20 (inc. VAT) to place a cease order.  Because of the costs and the numbers of these orders that we place (notably for house moves and cancellations) we're unable to merely absorb these costs, so we're going to have to pass on the costs to our customers (rather than increase our subscription costs).
The email will give all customers 30 days notice of a change in their terms and conditions, whilst also telling them about this new charge.  The basics are that:
- There will be a £20 charge for all Broadband cease orders that are placed. This will apply when either Broadband is cancelled from a line or the phone line itself is cancelled (because that will cause the broadband service to be ceased as well).
- Activation and House Move deferred contracts will increase from £40 to £60.
- House Move deferred contracts will increase in length from 12 to 18 months.
Please note that the cease charge does not apply if you are using a MAC Code to migrate from one supplier to another.
I'll start a forum thread linking to this announcement where I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that anyone has.