cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon to a website near you...

Lucy
Grafter

Re: Coming soon to a website near you...

I like the new look a lot, good job guys! Cool
I don't know if the links at the bottom of the Forum pages were there before or not...maybe they were there but in a colour I'm blind to...who knows...Anyway, great to have them! And thanks for making me notice if they were there before  Cheesy
Would it be possible to have a clear link there (and/or in the Members area) to the usertools site? I always spend an awful long time trying to find it again. Also, I noticed the usertools site now asks for a log in name and password. It doesn't recognize either my PN user name or the Community Site name...what's up?
(actually, the Usergroup site does recognise my PN user name...it was a Firefox extension misbehaving.)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oldjim, Perhaps I need new glasses as I could read it without a problem Wink but then I'm using a conventional 4:3 17" screen.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The super new webpages announce "Broadband £6.99 + Phone £10 = £16.99 a month".
HomePhone costs from £9.99 not £10.00. Huh
jwing
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I don't wish to be picky but while the standard font size in postings is just about readable the size used in quotes is not - this is on a 22" widescreen at 1680 x 1050

To be honest at that resolution most things will look small!  Wink
I dont think the font size on quotes changed between this and the old design. The main body copy is slightly bigger than it was. Will add a bug however to make the quote font the same size as the main body text.
Thanks
Jonny
James
Grafter

That's only for the bundle pricing.
It's not possibble to take the £6.99 broadband price offering without being on Essential.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thanks jonny - that would be great
I think something must have changed as I didn't have the problem before.
i just did a quick check using Google cache and there is a difference but it is very subtle - all the fonts show up a bit larger on the older version
Not applicable

Mentioned this the other day, but seems appropriate to ask again - why is there not a link to PUG on the Community Forum site?
If there is one and I just can't locate it, apologies.
Huh
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jameseh
That's only for the bundle pricing.
It's not possibble to take the £6.99 broadband price offering without being on Essential.

Why cause extra confusion by quoting a different (but almost identical) phone  price for this one product? As the deal is only available as a bundle, advertise the  broadband as costing £7.00 and the phone £9.99 or knock the other penny off. The other BBYW broadband + Home Phone bundles cost £x.98.
James
Grafter

For Marketing reasons really.
There was a survey recently which showed that people are far more likely to buy something at £9.99 rather than £10, so we've gone with £6.99 rather than £7.
The fundamental point for you guys is that the bundle is £16.99 and that's all you need to worry about.
LiamM
Grafter

I like that PlusNet is now Plusnet, and Neil mentions that in his blog, but all the page titles on the website still say PlusNet.
James
Grafter

That's work in progress Liam Smiley
We'll get there, but there's a LOAD of pages to change.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Jameseh
For Marketing reasons really.
There was a survey recently which showed that people are far more likely to buy something at £9.99 rather than £10, so we've gone with £6.99 rather than £7.
The fundamental point for you guys is that the bundle is £16.99 and that's all you need to worry about.

I agree with alanf. A bit of a marketing faux pas really showing phone for £10 instead of £9.99 especially as one gets no evenings on essentials.
Not applicable

It's very early days, but with the Essential package will it be possible, as with BBYW to add gigabytes? Also, has the possibility for Essential Plus been discussed? i.e. Essential with Homephone Anytime+. I expect that it will be for now just the basic product but it is just a thought.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that extra GB's are available, though can't remember the cost.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi Poppy,
You can buy additional usage at £1/£1.25 per GB.
Edit:
Sorry, what I had down initially was wrong.  You'll be able to upgrade to a different combination of Broadband and Home Phone as long as the cost doesn't decrease. You can only have the £6.99 Broadband price on Essential though.