cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN 24hr support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PN 24hr support

I have to admit that is very impressive and I would be very keen to find out exactly how you did your bonding. As you can see (sig) I have dual ADSL but I'm getting a third line installed soon so if I could replicate what you appear to have I'd be very grateful.
@chenks76 if I thought the at would work I'd do it. But hardware is not my forte.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

U can bonding together Mook. PM me for more information.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

The purpose of 24hr support is for exactly what happened today AndyH .
DID you not see all the negative Posts ,, If PN were aware of this problem at 02.00 it would have been fixed before 07.30 when staff arrived .
If it had been fixed before 07.30 we wouldn't Even be having this discussion  !!!   
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
AndyH
Grafter

You think they don't have OPs/engineers working 24/7?
Just because there is no service status or the fault is not immediately fixed, does not mean that they are not aware of the problem. It's been like this many times in the past where there's been some major outage and no updates (even when they had 24hr support).
I hate to break it to you, but having 24/7 telephone support staff would make no difference to this problem being fixed any sooner.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Have just managed to get onto PN page to check what was said about service status  Wink  
Do PN have a Tardis  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes  the post says since early this morning  we experience a Outage makes sense but it then goes on to say we been working all night to fix this Huh
so it looks like they were fixing it before the outage  Shocked Shocked Shocked  or is it just me  Lips_are_sealed

"Since early this morning we’ve experienced an outage which affected our phone and broadband service as well as our website. We’ve worked throughout the night to resolve this and have made a lot of progress with most of our customers now up and running. *
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Whilst we don't have a customer facing point of contact, we do have a 24/7 team, and we were working to fix the issues through the night. In terms of updating the service status, social media, and this forum, that should have been done as well. We are in the process of investigating why it never happened.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

MattyC , thanks for the explanation
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: MattyC
In terms of updating the service status, social media, and this forum, that should have been done as well. We are in the process of investigating why it never happened.

What is the point? - You're trying to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.
dick:red Offensive line removed.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jvalentine

As a worker of odd hours, I can say that not having 24 hour support is fine and dandy with me. Working support centre night shifts is not only no fun at all, but there is serious evidence that it will kill you: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=night+work+and+health
That said, outages like the ones we have experienced lately should have been caught by automated systems and alerted engineers and customer service staff without the need for users to report them.
Considering the 10/09/15 DNS issues, I am not entirely sure why customers had to make plusnet aware? I mean, if you have a network like PN's, you would think they would have noticed a huge drop in traffic, and that could have set an alerting process in motion?
Either way - there needs to be a happy medium of keeping costs down for PN without sacrificing communication when things go titsup.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

There is maintenance ongoing tonight the last work for 11th Sept!
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: dvorak
it shouldn't need customers to there's a problem, I'd have thought there should be sufficient network monitoring to flag this up Roll_eyes
maybe there is and there isn't anyone with the correct level of knowledge/training  sat there monitoring this sort of thing, if anyone is monitoring  all all
Trying
Dabbler

Looks like it could be a long day for residential support today....
Residential call stats
Current calls waiting Longest call waiting now Average answer time today
55.55 Currently unavailable 1 hour, 6 minutes and 8 seconds
Last updated: September 10, 2015, 8:50 pm
I do wonder how you get .55 of a call  Cheesy
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: 7up
In terms of updating the service status, social media, and this forum, that should have been done as well. We are in the process of investigating why it never happened.

What is the point? - You're trying to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Offensive line removed.

To improve comms should it happen again.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Matty C i have to ask , we were all told that 24 support was removed to concentrate on normal day time .
Call wait times have not decreased since ??  which we were told would Happen .
No Tickets anymore  Embarrassed  but still same promises it will improve  ?Huh
Definitely a Lack of staff on Forum .
as far as i see ,and not just me PN support Has NOT got better as per promised by PN in fact its far worse  Embarrassed 
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: 7up

[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Offensive line removed.

To improve comms should it happen again.

Incidentally I didn't post anything offensive as the mod has suggested, I merely suggested that your staff were not perhaps as enthusiastically working as they should have been - involving DVDs and coffee and that perhaps they should have (as part of their duties) checked that the service status page had been updated.
There was no swearing, no direct insults and no name calling. Far worse has been said by other members.
Why Strat chose to use red coloured text in his moderator note instead of the usual orange is beyond me and I am offended. Loss of internet and now a moderator putting me down... a  fine 24 hours for a loyal customer.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!