Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price creep (leap!)

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Price creep (leap!)

These increases have made me look for ways to reduce my Plusnet cost.
My router does VOIP so I've checked that out as a possible saving, I've found for around £10 every 4 months I can make free anytime 01, 02, 03 calls.
So far it's only been up for 3 days but it's looking good, I'll give it another week before deciding whether to cancel PN anytime and make a potential saving of £42 per year  Grin
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have saved a few pennies by removing anytime calls , especially as now 0880 , 0300 and such are included in my mobile calls Smiley
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Estragon
Rising Star

My phone was with BT. I hadn't been keeping an eye on the bills, but hardly use the landline. (Twelve calls out in the quarter to April, next bill due at the end of this week).
I've just signed up to Pulse8 line rental at £14pm for line, caller display, basic 1571, ex-directory. A few people on the thinkbroadband forums have moved broadband and phone to them. Everything is monthly contract, even FTTC. (FTTC prices include line rental - that might be TalkTalk Business but I'm guessing). I'm thinking about them for the FTTC - pricier than here but again only a monthly contract.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: MattyC
Quote from: Mayfly
I know you have 30 days from their email to tell them you are leaving and you need to given them 14 notice so does that mean if you want to leave the maximum you can stay is 6 weeks after the email or can you delay the departure until the price rise?

As long as you call within the 30 days of the email, the conditions have been met and you're free to leave. So this should be fine.

Quote from: MattyC
Apologies that this was never picked up.
Unfortunately, it's strictly 30 days upon receipt of the email, even if LRS is in play.
Matty

Ok which is it?
30 days or not 30 days?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you call within 30 days of receipt of the email and request to cancel, this then is taken as your 14 day notice period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Estragon
Rising Star

@HairyBiker
IIRC your "strictly 30 day" quote was a reply to wishing to stay until your LRS expired in six months or so. Which you wished to do because you can't have a refund.
That's totally different from the period from receiving the email to the final date for saying you don't accept the price rise and taking the penalty-free getout there and then.
At the end of your LRS contract you can leave anyway.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

OK too many threads asking this in, have created a new thread which asks PURELY about LRS.
HERE
Please clarify there.
@Estragon how is it different. I and others, will be loosing money if we move before our LRS expires. The 30 day notice is supposed to be about NOT loosing money due to outstanding charges. (of which LRS is one just one paid in advance which is NON REFUNDABLE).
Scenario 1:
no LRS can move anytime with 14 days notice, no charges.
Scenario 2:
on LRS can't move without loosing money with in the 44 days.
Those in Scenario 2 are being penalised if we cannot prospone the move, OR get a refund of unused LRS.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I'm not trying to difficult here but .....
if I want to leave because of detrimental changes to my contract why I can't I stay until those changes come into force? Is it right that PN dictate the date I have to leave by, by them deciding when they send the email to me, especially if I have LRS?
Estragon
Rising Star

The point is Mayfly that you aren't affected by the price rise until the end of your LRS term. At which point if you don't want to renew at the new price you don't have to.
You haven't suffered "material detriment", which is the Ofcom basis for forcing ISPs to offer early contract leaving without penalty.
The email has to be at least 30 days before the price rise date. Let's assume 600,000 Plusnet customers are on non-LRS bundles, which is basically the only ones really entitled to leave early. First, Plusnet almost certainly could not send all 600,000 out on the same day, and even if they could many recipients will be on a common email host which would very possibly block anything from Plusnet as soon as their individual inward flood started.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

But if we move PHONE only after the LRS expires, then we incur a BB only charge of £2.50/month, so again detrimental. If we move both we get charged the leaving fee which everyone who was not in LRS got free.
Estragon
Rising Star

I have to accept that point :). I think if you majored on that you may get a concession at the end of your LRS.
neas83

Just signed up to ask this.  I havven't received an email yet, my LRS expires in october 28th this year so assuming I get notice it would be advantageous to move away as I can get a better offer elsewhere at this time that the loss of £30 from the LRS will easily be covered by the saving at the new company.
Has PN confirmed someone like me who gets fibre broadband and LRS will be sent an email?  Annoying that I haven't got anything yet.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Estragon
The point is Mayfly that you aren't affected by the price rise until the end of your LRS term. At which point if you don't want to renew at the new price you don't have to.
You haven't suffered "material detriment", which is the Ofcom basis for forcing ISPs to offer early contract leaving without penalty.
The email has to be at least 30 days before the price rise date. Let's assume 600,000 Plusnet customers are on non-LRS bundles, which is basically the only ones really entitled to leave early. First, Plusnet almost certainly could not send all 600,000 out on the same day, and even if they could many recipients will be on a common email host which would very possibly block anything from Plusnet as soon as their individual inward flood started.

Not on the line rental no but I am on the increase cost of anytime calls which forms part of my contract. I readily accept that I will lose [if I leave] my LRS but it's PN who have sent the email declaring the detriment.
All I'm saying really is if you have LRS that expires after the new price rise then the later you receive the email the better because you can use more of it even if it's only a couple weeks.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Not everyone is foolish enough to use Plusnet as a telephone provider.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon

People on LRS are affected as call rates increase.