Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet to charge cease fee for LLU migration

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet to charge cease fee for LLU migration

Quote from: Chris
If the gaining provider places the orders and the cease code is W or P then they are the ones we charge for.

It would be helpful in this debate if you could kindly explain what each of those cease codes is and how they are used by whom.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

this explains and I have also included the file where it came from
g1000
Grafter

Please could somebody from Plusnet kindly pick up this issue of the new T&C and take active steps to resolve it, much appreciated. I posted it elsewhere and Matty quite rightly said best to raise it in the original thread, many thanks:
Hi Matty
I know you are sorting out the Termination Charge mess-up as well as this up to 2 Mb/s mistake in the 'legal bit' section.
While you are at it, the legal bit section also now includes the newly added T&C fresh for 20th June 2015 that a cease fee is payable simply if "you are switching your service to another provider on a different network". This gives Plusnet legal carte blanche to charge any customer a fee simply for migrating to LLU using the new Ofcom process. I discussed it in a thread on Account & Billing where Chris Parr confirmed this term is incorrect and isn't Plusnet policy, instead the cease fee will only be payable if the gaining provider uses an order type when switching that triggers a wholesale cease fee for Plusnet. This then has nothing to do with whether the provider is on a different network, since an LLU provider can switch and avoid a cease fee, and conversely a BTw ISP can switch and cause a cease fee.
The T&C should match the policy - it affords both sides rights in raising or objecting to charges. We know all too well customers have frequently faced what turned out to be incorrectly applied cease fees, and we as customers need the protection of the T&Cs to object in such cases, and of course this is the only source of policy for most customers in the first place.
Sorry for giving you yet more work, but I wonder if you could kindly raise this one too with the appropriate person(s) please. As you know, I am seriously considering leaving my Plusnet contract in the near future, hence I have been looking into these fees for practical reasons, it would be nice if they were clarified and amended promptly and taken seriously.
jess1808
Dabbler

Can someone confirm which providers (as long as they process it correctly) don't incur the charge, am I right in thinking talk talk, sky and BT are all LLU and therefore I won't need to pay £30 if I move to one of these?