Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile offer

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

mobile offer

I just saw this news: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/03/bt-goes-quad-play-and-launches-cheap-uk-consumer-4g-mob...
Will Plusnet offer similiar to this soon for customer who have Plusnet Fibre/Phone to add on Mobile?
22 REPLIES 22
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: mobile offer

Nothing I'm aware of at the moment. We operate separately to BT Retail so any packages or services we sell are our own.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

In this case, I might look again when my contract is fully expire as I do want discount on mobile tariff and also free bt sports. The only provider BT is doing this.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

In which case, they look like a better provider for your requirements.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Nah I stay with Plusnet because they have a better discount in a long contract term than BT. Plus they have UK Call Centre too. Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Right on!!  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Chris
We operate separately to BT Retail so any packages or services we sell are our own.

So...

You should be able to offer better value mobile deals just like you do on landline and broadband?  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
catelliott
Grafter

If only we could, w23! Smiley Unfortunately, we're not equipped for mobile at the moment.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Well, Tesco and Giff-Gaff both operate as Virtual Mobile Network Operators on O2 network, Virgin does similar on Vodaphone (IIRC) all competing with (and often undercutting) the main operators, couldn't Plusnet set up as a VMNO on BT's mobile network?
After all, you have no Broadband infrastructure but manage to provide internet to a fair few customers.

[Edit - bracket moved to make better sense]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Plusmobile would be a great name!  Cheesy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you guys not noticed that the billing system already has more than enough challenges?  Surely now would not be the right time to add more?
It is not enough to want to and be technically capable of providing product - by whatever means  It has to be capable of being ordered and billed for proficiently.  If either if these fail, you'll have unhappy customers and no revenue stream, but still have provider's bills to pay.
PlusNET are working on both provisioning and billing system improvements.  Bringing new products to market before they are delivered would be commercial suicide, however that did not stop them up there launching cash back without the means of supporting it!  Crazy

catelliott
Grafter

Like Townman says, we're currently working on improving the services that we already have before looking into other ventures. Better to be the best at dual play than mediocre at quad-play! Smiley
hillyfields123
Grafter

Plusnet seem to be one of the few companies that get the point made above.
It isn't about making profit but wanting to be better and better!

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Amen to that. I remember BT's 'support' lines. Not pretty.

Quote from: goldenfibre
Plus they have UK Call Centre too. Smiley
DaveyH
Champion

Quote from: w23
Well, Tesco and Giff-Gaff both operate as Virtual Mobile Network Operators on O2 network, Virgin does similar on Vodaphone (IIRC)

Virgin uses EEs network
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=mint.device.faqs.howdoi.sm659