G.INP

InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: G.INP

Quote from: tijara33
this is a weakish argument.

No it isn't....................it's a FACT!! Grin

Quite aside from it being an oxymoron, it's really rather hard to extrapolate "facts" about who will contribute to the forum on a particular topic and why.
By your own admission, tijara33, you have no expertise to offer and are not yourself experiencing any kind of issue with G.INP (since you have an ECI modem connected to an ECI cabinet - and on a fairly long line in any case, where it would likely be a benefit if rolled out).
And yet you post in multiple threads on the topic.
So on that basis, we might expect the entire PlusNet customer base to be here saying that they haven't really noticed anything in particular.
But they aren't.
I can't imagine why not.    Roll_eyes

Quote from: TR1PL3D
Most people that notice the service degradation as a result of G.INP being enabled on a line with an incompatible modem, will be people that require their service to run at peak performance. For whatever that reason maybe.

Of course, that reason might be entertainment.
If broadband is being sold primarily as a consumer entertainment product, it is surely legitimate for consumers to use it for entertainment.
I'm not a gamer myself; but I am very glad that tijara33 is "relieved" by not even knowing what it is. As a general principle, satisfied customers should not be unnecessarily troubled in their contentment, otherwise they might start swamping the forums...    Tongue
---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi All.
If there are any customers who are affected by this and are still using a ECI modem there is a trial we're looking to do with Openreach and Wholesale.
Basically we're looking at cases where devices aren’t retransmission compatible in the upstream to see if changing certain parameters removes the latency and maintains the other benefits of retransmission.
If anyone is interested drop me a message with your username and I'll get back to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

^^ About time Plusnet are listen to customers now
deathtrap
Grafter

update: 24 Apr 13:01:45

We have just received the below back from BT on this
Following communications from a small number of BTWholesale FTTC comms providers regarding Openreach’s implementation of Retransmission and the identification of some your customers who have seen increased latency on some lines for some applications since retransmission was applied. Over the last 4 weeks I have been pushing Openreach to investigate,
feedback and provide answers and options related to this issue. As a result attached is a copy of a briefing from Openreach; sent to their CPs today, on how RetX works and what may have caused this increase latency.
This info is being briefed to all BTWholesale customers via our briefing on Saturday morning 25/4/15 but as you have contacted me direct I’m sending this direct as well as providing ann opportunity to participate in a trial.
Openreach have also advise me this afternoon that they intend to run a trial next week (w/c 25/4/15) on a small set of lines; where devices aren’t retransmission compatible in the upstream to see if changing certain parameters removes the latency and maintains the other benefits of retransmission. The exact date lines will be trialled has yet to be confirmed.
However, they have asked if I have any end users who would like to be included in this trail. To that end if you have particular lines you’d like to participate in this trial please can you provide the DN for the service by 17:00 on Monday 28th April so I can get them included.
This is a trial of a solution and should improve latency performance but there is a risk that there may be changes to the headline rate.

https://aastatus.net/posts.cgi?itype=Broadband&oseverity=2
Talk about leaving things till the last minute  Plusnet tells it's customers only today hours before the cut off
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

except Monday is the 27th and the deadline is the 28th  Crazy
benfranklin
Grafter

That deadline was originally communicated to A&A. Plusnet may well have a different arrangement.
Jim's point is also a good one!
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

To that end if you have particular lines you’d like to participate in this trial please can you provide the DN for the service by 17:00 on Monday 28th April so I can get them included.

Typical of BT, they can't even get the day / date correct.
InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Matthew
Hi All.
If there are any customers who are affected by this and are still using a ECI modem there is a trial we're looking to do with Openreach and Wholesale.
Basically we're looking at cases where devices aren’t retransmission compatible in the upstream to see if changing certain parameters removes the latency and maintains the other benefits of retransmission.
If anyone is interested drop me a message with your username and I'll get back to you.

I'd be very happy to help.
I can easily switch to/from ECI/Huawei.
Short line on Huawei DSLAM. ECI modem provided at install.
Previously max. sync and low latency.
Since retransmission was implemented, significantly lower sync and higher latency with the ECI modem.
I'll send a PM as well.
---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm also happy to help if it starts tomorrow, (meaning) I'm running Huawei atm, but I'm willing to change over to my ECI early doors tomorrow.
LONG LINE....
deathtrap
Grafter

But is it tomorrow Tuesday 28th or did BT mean Monday 27th (today)? I note that Plusnet decided not to even give a date / time for people to respond by
grahamt
Rising Star

I've sent a message saying I'd like to be on the trial. I'm on a Huawei cabinet and have an ECI modem since an Openreach engineer swapped out my Huawei last year. I guess I should have tried to keep the Huawei, as I suspect it had nothing to do with the line problems I was having at the time.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: deathtrap
But is it tomorrow Tuesday 28th or did BT mean Monday 27th (today)? I note that Plusnet decided not to even give a date / time for people to respond by

They don't mean either anymore.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Quite aside from it being an oxymoron

First of all, it is not an oxymoron. Also, as in this context "being" is a gerund, the correct grammar is "Quite aside from its being......... Roll_eyes
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I can't decide if this thread is a gold-fish bowl or a little bitch contest
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

this thread is a gold-fish bowl or a little bitch contest

We should have a poll!! Wink