cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

LenAsh
Grafter

Re: BTO/Plusnet think this is acceptable

Since there is a very current thread along the same lines on "the other" forum, I have added my situation to it.
The guy is not on PN, but has EXACTLY the same problem on another Cab. In Oakham.
LenAsh
Grafter

Phone now faulty too...
Ticket raised over mobile...
Fault Type: Noisy crackling.
Test Results: Fault located at earth
PN have not updated my BB ticket for a week now...
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This will HAVE to get escalated on Monday. I don't supposed you have the courtesy of a reply to your email?
How bad are the latest speedtests?
LenAsh
Grafter

No reply to my email, no.
Latest Speedtests are as bad as ever. It now regularly "stalls" at about 0.3 - 0.5M...
The TBB graph is also as bad as ever. Every evening the same.
I posted in this "place" too - the guy is on the same exchange as me, different Cab. He's heard nothing either, apparently.
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Congestion-Very-Slow-Internet-during-evenin...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Lenash why are u posting on BT Community forum as your broadband is nothing to do with BT. Only Plusnet to deal with?
AndyH
Grafter

To get as many users (with different ISPs) who are experiencing the same issue on the same exchange to report the problem to their ISPs.
The more people that report the problem, the higher the chance BTW will investigate more.
Anotherone
Champion

LenAsh has been suffering these issues since first having Fibre back in May. Here are the threads that were raised before this one -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127230.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127842.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129774.0.html
There is absolutely no way that this is acceptable. This issue should be escalated to the most senior level within Plusnet and BTw taken to task by the ****s at a senior level. I've seen absolutely no evidence in this thread that the issue has even been escalated by faults, we've even seen ticket responses where an agent implied there was nothing wrong, yet there was clear evidence of the packet losses and speeds almost reaching zero.
Can CRT please get this escalated to the highest level. Frankly I'm surprised that LenAsh hasn't made a formal complaint, BTw seem incapable of providing a service that works correctly.
LenAsh
Grafter

BT response on the other site:
"I’ve had some news from our engineering team. There’s currently a capacity issue at the Oakham exchange which is affecting your service. We’re working to increase capacity but I’m not in a position to give you a fix date right now." "There is a new 10GB link due to be installed towards the end of this week/ start of next week. This will need to be properly tested and integrated so the engineering teams are hoping to see an improvement from the around the 19th onwards.
Of course, Plusnet haven't bothered to tell me any of this.... which is shoddy at best. As long as they keep receiving my  money, eh.
AndyH
Grafter

It's positive news, but at the same time disappointing and frustrating that Plusnet failed to notify you of this. I saw that Ben received this update 3 days ago from BT Retail.
LenAsh
Grafter

A 10GB link.... there must be a massive capacity deficit.
I spoke to PN today and was told that their suppliers couldn't identify a problem, but were continuing to monitor it.. Really?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

PN going downhill lately with lack of support. I don't think they can't be bothered now. It's good of BT found the problem and will fix it ASAP. But, one thing is will it improvement your evening speed? Only time will tell.
Anotherone
Champion

LenAsh, as I commented earlier this has not been escalated within Plusnet or BTw to a high enough level, if it's been escalated at all.  At the very minimum it should be HLE.
It is quite obvious that the agents that have been dealing with this do not know what they are taking about, especially when they have told you there isn't a problem as per ticket response mentioned in reply #112, because if they did understand it they would have at least reassured you that they can see that there's a problem and it was a case of making BT investigate this issue properly. Frankly I despair at the way things now seem to be so dysfunctional.
Quote from: LenAsh
Current: #89348076
Previous #88426941

Looking at your posts back then, it seems that the previous ticket was incorrectly closed. Does the current ticket make reference to the previous one? If not, I suggest you add it on, with a reminder that the previous ticket was shut prematurely.
Quote from: goldenfibre
how long are like this? a week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks?
Since May 13th

Comes to something when I feel it necessary to quote goldenfibre's remark to help solve an issue Crazy
but you ought also put a note on the ticket reminding them that this issue has now been ongoing since the 13th May along with the link to the BQM as a further reminder.
Just in case anyone has lost track of the BQM http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/53280f182158f39bb95e6eb96f7e0839.png
Attached is a capture of the current graph, clearly showing last nights issues.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I just cannot understand why is Plusnet not put this as a highest level urgent to BT. As this case was ongoing since May. Very poor letdown by PN. I do feel sorry for Lenash who are very frustrated with slow painful speed in every evening congestion from the exchange since May. (Four months ongoing issues)
chrcoluk
Grafter

A 10GB link.... there must be a massive capacity deficit.
I spoke to PN today and was told that their suppliers couldn't identify a problem, but were continuing to monitor it.. Really?

not necessarily, they dont need to drip feed capacity as then it ends up been like VM where its constant drip feeding, it probably isnt much cost difference to BT to install a gigabit link or 10gigabit link, so they will just do the larger one for more future proofing.
AndyH
Grafter

ISPs pay BT Wholesale £40 and higher (Plusnet pay £48.55) per 1Mbps backhaul - so it's in BT Wholesale's interest for their to be no congestion and enough bandwidth to go around.