cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I made a mistake?

Jacko

Have I made a mistake?

I have been with BT for many years and have recently signed up with Plusnet to take the Fibre Broadband and Unlimited calls.  Engineer called on Monday and was unable to do the installation stating he needed to arrange for BT to do a site visit and rewire a master socket.  No one has updated me so I have tried calling Plusnet today three times and all I got was endless music.  I've now emailed my query to Customer Support and got a reply that someone will respond in approx. 35 hours!  What sort of customer service is this?
I am thinking of cancelling the order and staying with BT; would that be the right thing to do?
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rule mod:end
14 REPLIES 14
rookey
Grafter

Re: HAVE I MADE A MISTAKE?

Can I ask what was wrong with BT as I am thinking of moving from Plus Net to Bt ha ha
Jacko

Re: Have I made a mistake?

Nothing wrong with them at all. I decided I wanted the Fibre Broadband and the only reason I changed was because Plusnet offered me a better deal.
rookey
Grafter

What was BT Broadband Like speed wise etc as that what I am interested in.. Cant get Fibre yet Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Jacko,
Sorry for the wait, our usual response time is not normally that high, we have however seen a dramatic increase with contact to our support centre over the past couple of weeks which had led to this, certain times can also be busier than others. We're currently bringing the response times down and they should soon be at a more acceptable level for you.
I'll chase your order up in the morning and see where we need to go with it.
Jacko

In my area very poor due to distance from Exchange.  Struggled to get above 2mb.
rookey
Grafter

Am not far from exchange at all
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've had a look at your account and we've been sent another date for a engineer to attend and complete your install. We've been provided with a date of the 26th February 8am-1pm this is the earliest date available I'm afraid. Is that date suitable for you?
Chris
Jacko

Dear Chris,
Please can you let me have your definition of "install your services"? Is this BT?
The morning of the 26th February is not convenient.
Finally it would be a lot easier in moving this forward if I could talk to a human being at Plusnet!
Kind regards,
Wayne Jackson
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Please can you let me have your definition of "install your services"? Is this BT?

Yes the work to finish the installation would be done by  BT Openreach engineer
The morning of the 26th February is not convenient.

Sorry to hear that, I can rearrange that for you but it would then be a date after 26/2/13
Can you let me know if there are any other days after that which we should avoid/aim for perhaps?
Finally it would be a lot easier in moving this forward if I could talk to a human being at Plusnet!

We're all human here Smiley but I'll happily give you a call to confirm your appointment if you like.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jacko

Yes please.
Macboy81

This sounds alot like my current situation and making me think i made huge mistake picking PlusNet so far I have lost days pay waiting for engineer to come (who wasnt booked apparently)  eventually an engineer came but couldnt finish job as he needed a cherry picker to finish job.  He put the line into house and put cable in pile in my garden waiting to be connected to the post but still no joy.
I hope im not made to wait another 3 weeks
Maybe plusnet should look at better engineers or communications
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Jacko,
Can you let me know what you're availability is like so I can alter the booking?
@Macboy81
Really sorry to hear about your issue, I'll take a look at this myself ASAP.
Adam

EDIT: @Macboy81 I've just been reading into the notes about your issue I can see that we have been chasing this and we're due an update by close of play tomorrow so I'll take another look at that tomorrow for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Macboy81

So after 17 days broadband Plusnet cancel my broadband order and now i have no broadband again but they wont let me cancel as ive got a contract (but i dont have a service) constant referral to their SLAs and the CONTRACT p**** you off even more when your on the phone to them.  not to mention the 45 min wait time on the phone
Ronski
Rising Star

What the majority of people fail to realise, is that almost every ISP is at the mercy of BT Openreach. Not sure if this applies to LLU operators (I expect so as BT still own the line to the house) , but certainly any ISP using BT's network will be reliant on BT's engineers, and PlusNet are just stuck in the middle. Although it can feel as if PN are going around in circles as you get different CS agents updating the ticket, and not checking whats happened before.