cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls only

lib319

Incoming calls only

Plusnet have answered the ticket raised for this query but there seems to be some confusion regarding call barring.
I am paying for broadband and as part of the deal that made me choose Plusnet I took a phone tarriff too although I did not need this. I am paying for broadband for myself and others at my home but I am not willing to pay for any calls made by others.
As I don't need a land line for anything other than broadband can Plusnet instigate call barring on everything outgoing except 999 calls?  There seems to be a lot of conflicting information here about this which I assume is because it isn't in Plusnet's interest to stop the revenue made from outgoing calls even if they are calls without the bill payers permission.
After months of delays waiting for Openreach getting the service up and running (they finally did it today 31 Jan, no router yet though) after initially ordering in November last year and the loss of a day's holiday to wait for an engineer who never came would it be too much to ask of Plusnet to grant my request to stop all outgoing calls?
Thanks
Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Incoming calls only

Hey - we can do this for  you but it's a manual process. Please raise a ticket, reference this thread and it should be actioned - just post back if you have any further trouble and it'll get picked up Smiley
Please note that we no longer offer this option
lib319

Out going calls now barred except emergency and freephone numbers.  Many thanks for that PN I appreciate the effort.
Andrew
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries Smiley