cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited from Plusnet. Available to all from Wednesday 19th December ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unlimited from Plusnet. Available to all from Wednesday 19th December ?

In my experience, Plusnet will never be beaten on Customer Service !
spookypickle
Grafter

Blimey this thread took some reading! Despite initial troubles I'm glad I moved to PN when I did.  Only a couple of months into my contract so another 12 months isn't really going to matter. 
Hopefully this will mean I can also get some referrals on the board as the only thing putting off people I spoke to was the fact packages were not unlimited, and now...they are Smiley
plustrev
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
We'll put the price up on a legacy product if we need to., but if we do, it will be subject to the ts and cs around notifications and contract breakage periods.   We've definitely done it once, on the legacy Unlimited package.  I can't remember another product that we've done it on.  I'm not aware of any plan to change the prices of the older packages though.

I am on "value" at £6.49, I presume this will become a legacy product? and may not increase in the future?
If I change to the essentials at £5.99 I may only get the benefit of the 50p reduction until Plusnet increase the price by say 50p then I am back to square one and by the next "essentials" rise my value package could be cheaper.
Is my thinking correct.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I just want to know before signing up plusnet ADSL2+ unlimited @ £9.99 a month for 12 months contract, will the price increasing in 2013 eg: April or October 2013 because I am fed up with some providers done a great deal and agreed a 12 months contract with great deal price until half way of the remaining contract and the price went up!
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: plustrev
We'll put the price up on a legacy product if we need to., but if we do, it will be subject to the ts and cs around notifications and contract breakage periods.   We've definitely done it once, on the legacy Unlimited package.  I can't remember another product that we've done it on.  I'm not aware of any plan to change the prices of the older packages though.

I am on "value" at £6.49, I presume this will become a legacy product? and may not increase in the future?
If I change to the essentials at £5.99 I may only get the benefit of the 50p reduction until Plusnet increase the price by say 50p then I am back to square one and by the next "essentials" rise my value package could be cheaper.
Is my thinking correct.

That's always a possibility; however they could at some point decide to increase the price on "Value" by £1; whilst only increasing the "essentials" price by 50p.
Therefore you'd get a better benefit.
I would expect the prices as advertised to be in place for the term of the contract at least - with any price rises coming in at least 12 month's time; although I can't remember the last time I experienced a price rise from PN apart from a VAT related adjustment.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If I use the online upgrade method will I automatically retain things like my free web hosting and free VOIP minutes?
Will referral discounts automatically carry over?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

James
Grafter

Quote from: geofftswin
That's always a possibility; however they could at some point decide to increase the price on "Value" by £1; whilst only increasing the "essentials" price by 50p.
Therefore you'd get a better benefit.
I would expect the prices as advertised to be in place for the term of the contract at least - with any price rises coming in at least 12 month's time; although I can't remember the last time I experienced a price rise from PN apart from a VAT related adjustment.

If we were to do so, we would give you a months notice and you would be able to exit the contract at that point as it would be a detrimental change.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Which would surely apply to any other ISP also, as this is a legal requirement.  I presume goldenadsl was annoyed in the past when his good deal disappeared, not because he was tied into a contract when the price was raised.
warbleeder
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
[quote=BRABUS]Should that be upto 20mbs ?

Although the service can be faster, you're only allowed to advertise speeds that a certain %age of the userbase can achieve. Similarly on Fibre we advertise at up to 38Mb and up to 76Mb.

im quoted about 76meg although when bt engi came out the otherday he ran afew test and said I sync at 97.1Mb so that beats me seen s my highest is suppose to be 80Mb
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Quote fixed.
shadow4dog
Grafter

BT's DSLAM won't allow the modem to connect at any higher than 80Mb on that profile (17a?). The modem could connect much higher as your Openreach engineer demonstrated - my engineer only told me it synced!
Thanks
Tim
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Un
If I use the online upgrade method will I automatically retain things like my free web hosting and free VOIP minutes?
Will referral discounts automatically carry over?

Yes, you'd retain all of those things.
Quote from: plustrev
We'll put the price up on a legacy product if we need to., but if we do, it will be subject to the ts and cs around notifications and contract breakage periods.  We've definitely done it once, on the legacy Unlimited package.  I can't remember another product that we've done it on.  I'm not aware of any plan to change the prices of the older packages though.

Is my thinking correct.

Value will indeed become a legacy product. The traffic management on Essentials (show below) is the same as Value I believe. I'd be surprised if we were to increase the price of the Essentials product at any point in the foreseeable future.

Quote from: goldenadsl
Why is Market 2 & 3 are the same price ? As Market 1 cost more expensive £7 extra but Market 2 & 3 are the same price but surely Market 3 should be cheaper than Market 2 ?

It was a commercial decision. The Wholesale rental and the price we charge customers don't translate exactly.
[quote=BRABUS]noticed that it reads as only upto 16mbs for NON fibre.  Should that be upto 20mbs ?
See here.
I hope the new site is up and running tonight after midnight, so I will placed an order straight away

It should be back up by 7.00am tomorrow morning.
Quote from: BRABUS
Also how many requests per day can your system handle and how many do you think you will get.

Plenty, the process is automated. I'd imagine we're hoping to get /lots/ Wink
Quote from: Chris
We'll be posting the service status shortly, it's probably going to be down from around 9pm.

Posted this morning
Quote from: ffox
If I go unlimited will I still keep my web space?  I'm currently on "Plusnet Extra Fibre with included 250GB bandwidth".

Yes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Estragon
Rising Star

I just found other isp's (cannot named it due to forum rules) that offered unlimited ADSL2+ for just £6.99 a month with No FUP compare to Plusnet £9.99.
I note your later post re the 100GB allowance on that, but would you PM me the ISP name please if you don't mind Smiley - there's no ban on that that I know of.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Just a quick question i have the upto 76Mbps fttc package with 250GB allowance @£19.99 and addon pro £5 per month now my question is if i upgrade to the fiber unlimited @19.99 per month would removing the addon pro be a good move therefore saving me an fiver a month since the fiber unlimited would be running at line speed .
James
Grafter

Yes.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thank you for clarifying that i'll be upgrading soon as it's available  Grin