cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Barring / Blocking Mobile Phone Calls from landline

skell14

Call Barring / Blocking Mobile Phone Calls from landline

Reading some of the problems that people have experienced with Plusnet i consider to one of the very few who haven't had any problems which have not been dealt with quickly and efficiently. It is also nice to speak to a English call centre!

My only issue i have and talking to other customers with Plusnet is the lack of Call Barring, and not being able to stop the landline calling mobile phones.
Anyone who has teenagers is the house, will no doubt understand my frustration about this issue. I  can hear people saying that i should talk to the teenagers, of which yes i have, but unfortuantely teenagers do not seem to understand the frustration and cost when calling mobile phones, despite it being explained to them too many times to remember!
Plusenet seem to be the only company that i know who does not offer call carring/blocking service
Unfortuantely my loyality to companies is short live and i will leave plusnet and find a alternative provider for this reason alone if Plusnet do not offer this service in the near future.
34 REPLIES 34
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Call Barring / Blocking Mobile Phone Calls from landline

Hi there,
To be totally honest from the outset Its highly unlikely we'll be able to offer this as a service soon. I am aware that other customers have also pointed out in the past that they would appreciate us providing this kind of service and that other providers do currently offer it.
With that in mind I'll be collating any requests I can find (or any new ones that crop up) for call barring/blocking as if this is in demand IMO we should be looking at doing what we can to provide it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glancammarch

I would like to add my interest in this topic. I have my PlusNet Home Phone in a holiday home, and it is possible that I will lend it to friends from time to time. I would like to allow them to use the phone, but would like to restrict their access to free calls only. Alternatively, reducing the credit limit to just a few pounds and disabling the line when the credit is used up and until I top it up again would be ideal (without additional penalties!). That way I could control the costs incurred.
regards
Neil
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Anyone else interested in this please do add to this thread, we've flagged it now for management attention so the more interest we have the better.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet currently provides me with permanent Premium Rate and International call barring. I would be interested in a more flexible service on the lines of that provided by BT.
The_10th
Grafter

I think it would be a very useful addition and could stop a mass exodus of users with teenage kids. To be honest, if I had a bill for £££s I wouldn't be staying either if it couldn't be stopped by Plusnet so think this is more of a necessity than an extra in this competitive market.
Given the forthcoming product refresh perhaps a list of Home Phone services we would like to see maybe helpful to add to the 'list' such as choice of Caller ID or 1571 voicemail for free and SMS texts included with the basic and anytime packages like BT offer?
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

+1
nal2008
Dabbler

Yes I would be very interested as well.
petertuson
Grafter

My router provides call blocking, both outgoing and incoming with different rules. Can specify individual numbers or ranges of numbers.
The router is a FRITZ!Box and handles telephone calls as well as broadband.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

At least one customer who wishes tha Call Barring had been available.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103434.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the comments and requests for this, just so you know we are taking heed of this so please keep the requests coming if this is a service you'd like to be able to have with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
robbiemcnasty

Its unacceptable that plus net wont allow users to bar mobile and premium rate calls.
Im cancelling
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@robbiemcnasty
I'm sorry to see that you're leaving due to this, please see my comments on this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101105.msg880824.html#msg880824
Bear with us for now because we're looking to see if we can do this manually.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI I've dropped you an update on the other thread.....
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vanderboon

I would also welcome this service for exactly the same teenage reason.