Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview update

slt76
Grafter

Youview update

Hi
FTTC cabs have just been installed in my village (despite the BT superfast the site saying they have No Current plans for my exchange). Putting that aside with FTTC I would be able to get BT's youview service which would get me Eurosport.
My questions for you guy's at PN are....
1 - Could you give us an update on the Youview trials and any planned roll out date?
2 - Will you carry the same channels as BT (primarily I'd personally like to know if you will be including Eurosport)
3 - What will the costs be. I'm hoping to see you match BT @ £7.
I'd prefer to stay with PN but really want fibre+youview now that it is finally arriving in my village. Unless we can have some updates I will not get into an 18mth contract and will jump over to BT fibre with there youview offering.
Thanks
52 REPLIES 52
All4One
Grafter

Re: Youview update

I THINK it includes Eurosport (sure it's just the same as BT)
STD 5.99 - HD 7.49 I THINK
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

where are you getting that from?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AndyH
Grafter

I think he means BT Sport...
Eurosport is a cheap channel Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i think it's been plucked out of thin air.. there isn't any mention of pricing or indeed if PN will end up having a YouView product at all..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
slt76
Grafter

Just to confirm - I meant Eurosport. Not bothered about BT sport.
I was assuming that Plusnet would be adopting the Youview platform on the basis of all the closed trials that are underway (& the fact that an agent told me it was coming when I phoned up about something else a few weeks back).
Anyone from Plusnet care to comment?? Thanks
Devonian
Grafter

I've been waiting for news on this to. 
slt76
Grafter

Hello........
Come on PN there must be some news on this. I'm soon to be getting fibre (hopefully) and want to stay with you if you are going to go live soon with this. Even if it's a "we'll be able to share more news in xx weeks".
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Trials are still ongoing at the moment.
When we have more on the subject, we'll make an announcement.
kareha
Grafter

Just a quick question about Youview.  I have a Now TV box with all the iPlayer, ITV etc plus the £4.99 for Sky.  Is this just as good as a Youview box?
alanr74
Hooked

it's a shame there isn't a timescale on this. It's certainly something that would interest me. I'd like to get a youview box, I'm just worried it would become obsolete when it's finally released on PN.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi alanr74,
Unfortunately no timescales, but after the effort that's going into the trial it would be a shame if it became obsolete.
If I get any more information, I will be sure to update you.
alanr74
Hooked

that was a quick reply dan!
no, not your own box. I mean I've been looking at a youview box but I don't want to purchase it if plusnet then release their own, making mine obsolete. Unless of course plusnet would work on the box I purchased prior to you going live?
AndyH
Grafter

If you get a Youview box from someone like Plusnet/BT/TalkTalk, it will be heavily subsidised saving you probably the cost of the box over 12 months.
You might not get an answer on this, but someone not on the trial started to see the PN Youview channels on their own box - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124665.0.html This would lead me to believe it might be possible for you to buy your own box and receive the channels from Plusnet in the future. The other consideration though, would be that the Plusnet Youview package would more than likely include a Youview box anyway.
alanr74
Hooked

It's a gift for my other half, her b'day is in November. She likes her soaps  Lips_are_sealed
dick:quote