Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIfI to Smart TV lost

FIXED
Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

WIfI to Smart TV lost

Hi Searched and see theses questions diverted to Tech Help so hope someone can give me a steer please

My wifi has dropped to my LG telly and is just 10 feet from the router and current speed a healthy 20. It went in muddle of Cricket yesterday and every app I get via wifi has gone

However every other wifi dependent devise is still going , Laptop , 2 tablets , Phones , Alexa and yes even my LG TV in man cave (where I went to watch rest of cricket)

I looked at connections on Telly and it appears to say connected but I reconnected anyway with device name of Router and Password but nothing

When I press to display Apps they appear as usual but if I select any of the Apps be it I player , Now , Netflix , Amazon Prime etc the TV reverts straight to the Channel I was watching

Unfortunately that is the limit of my "Tech" awareness and so I am hoping someone will be able to steer me back to normality

Many thanks JT

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Re: WIfI to Smart TV lost

Fix

@Bamboozled try turning the TV off at the plug. Leave for about 10 mins then turn on again.

A quick google, seems its not an uncommon problem, and power off often fixes it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: WIfI to Smart TV lost

Brilliant .... worked a treat ... thanks v much

Kicking myself as I regularly turn off my Set top box when it has random faults. Sometimes starts with pictures but no sound or vice versa and my absolute "go to" is turn it off and on again

Couldn't find it on Google either but thanks v much for the input. Back to normal and though this has never happened before I have a new "fix" to go to

Cheers again jt