cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link TL-WPA4220 - Causes Plusnet Modem to reset

Nickellis
Hooked

TP-Link TL-WPA4220 - Causes Plusnet Modem to reset

I have just purchased a  TL-WPA4220 powerline extender and every so often (I cannot see a pattern) it causes my Plusnet router to reset itself, causing all devices on the network to lose connectivity, There are a number of mentions of this problem on the Internet but cannot find a solution. I have a few days before I return the kit to the shop but before I do, is there anyone here who has experienced the problem and solved it?

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Re: TP-Link TL-WPA4220 - Causes Plusnet Modem to reset

@Nickellis Would your router be a Hub one by any chance ?

if so does the event log contain any messages like 'watchdog reset' ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Nickellis
Hooked

Thank you for a prompt reply

Looked at the log and cannot find this message. I did not take a note of the time of the errors, but will do in the future. I have attached the log, since the device was first used to this reply. The MAC address of the TP Link is:  1c:61:b4:4a:83:f6

Nickellis
Hooked

Oddly the router went down as I was sending the above message; 

I attach the log for that period

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I cant see any router reset in there. There is a DSL drop at 14:10:08. I suspect the TP link MAY be causing electrical noise which is affecting the phone line and causing the DSL drop

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Nickellis
Hooked

Thanks again for the reply, I will continue to monitor the situation, to see if there is a pattern to this.

Nickellis
Hooked

Could this issue be something to do with Ipv6? It's just that the logs show no reference to this unless the TP Link is plugged in? 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I doubt it but you could always disable ipv6 on the Hub to eliminate it.