Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up SSL on Cloudfare

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Setting up SSL on Cloudfare

I am hoping that someone can help me with Setting up SSL on Cloudflare, because I am becoming desperate.  I have asked this question on their community forum but no-one responds - probably because it is too basic.

I have a domain hosted by 123-reg.  That domain re-directs to webspace hosted by Infinityfree.  I need to add SSL to my website using Cloudflare.  However, I have spent hours trying to do what should be thoroughly simple but I am beaten !

Is anyone familiar with SSL on Cloudflare ?  If so, I would be indebted for some help.  It all sounds simple until you try and fall at the first hurdle.

When I go to "Add site" and enter the URL of my webspace on Infinityfree, I get the response "Please ensure you are providing the root domain and not any subdomains (e.g., example.com, not subdomain.example.com)".  But my URL with Infinityfree is 'subdomain.epizy.com', where "subdomain" is the webspace allocated to me by Infinityfree and "epizy.com" is actually Infinityfree's domain.  I cannot enter just the "epizy.com" part because then I get the message "This web property cannot be added to Cloudflare".

I do not know what else to try having posted on the Cloudflare forum and got no response.  I am just hoping that someone on this forum is familiar with Cloudflare, and can help me.