Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Keeps Rebooting Itself

FIXED
uttleyd

Hub One - Keeps Rebooting Itself

Hi,

I have an issue that's been ongoing for quite some time now where my Hub One reboots itself, often several times per day.

The device is kept in the open so is well ventilated and doesn't feel hot to touch so I don't believe that could be the cause.

Looking at the Event Log I can see many entries for a firmware version (assuming that's an update) followed by an entry "Boot reason:watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)".

I'm wondering if the device is trying to receive an update but something is causing it to fail/reload?

I've attached a screen shot of the logs for clarity.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Hub One - Keeps Rebooting Itself

@uttleyd How old is the Hub? Those 'Watchdog resets' suggest that the unit is failing.

John
uttleyd

Hi John,

Can't remember exactly but it's probably between 3 and 4 years old now.

Many thanks

jab1
Legend

@uttleyd OK. Next question - when does your contract finish, although that is probably irrelevant?

@bobpullen - can the OP be sent a replacement?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Those 'Watchdog resets' suggest that the unit is failing.

@uttleyd  to confirm what @jab1 said, definitely a hardware fault. If Bob doesn't chirp in , then call Customer support they should send a replacement (Hub2?) . IIRC the Hub is guaranteed for any contract duration

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW If the Op is on FTTC, I would hazard a guess at a Hub2, yes.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

If the Op is on FTTC,

I'm assuming that is the case, since if the Hub 1 was supplied 3 or 4 yrs ago, they were not being supplied for ADSL then...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

uttleyd

Only a couple of months left on my contract, though I'd rather sort it sooner as I work from home so could do without the random disruptions!

uttleyd

@MisterW & @jab1 thanks for the advice on this. I'll get a ticket into support to try and organise a replacement

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'll get a ticket into support

You'll struggle to do that, its not possible to raise tickets any more. You will need to call in...