Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect this to the mains

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: How do I connect this to the mains

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worx-WA4977-Sonicrafter-Universal-Carbide/dp/B00CEU5N8I ?  (I haven't tried anything like this as I've not had the need, my entire tool (DIY store own brand) didn't cost all that much more than this blade!).
A normal 'general purpose' (much cheaper!) blade is OK for plasterboard and normal plaster.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having seen the rate my carbide discs used to wear and the small amount of carbide depth I doubt that it is cost effective
I will stick to my diamond cutting discs
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Sounds like you have military-grade plaster in your house, tough enough to resist bullets and shrapnel, are you living in a bomb shelter perchance? Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Nope but the house was built by a man (on his behalf) who had a fabrication and galvanising company
That is why I have a metal shed and a load of galvanised rectangular rolled sections lying about - very useful they are too
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

I wonder if he mixed metal shavings into the plaster, that makes for some pretty tough stuff, as used in bank safes and the like to kill the cutting blades of anyone trying to break into one... Grin