cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email with Plusnet, 123reg

Mav
Fixes: 514

Email with Plusnet, 123reg

All my domains are now back with 123reg with their relevant NameServers.

It's been so long since I set up any email forwarding and mailboxes that I am a little rusty especially as since building the new PC with W10 installed plus Office 2016 (Office 2007 wasn't guaranteed to work under W10).

In the past I simply set up a mailbox within the Plusnet portal such as 'mymailbox' then in 123reg set email forwarding from, say, 'myname@mydomain1.uk' to 'mymailbox@myplusnetdomain.plus.com' or set up 'localcouncilmailbox' then set forwarding on 123reg from 'localcouncilmailbox@mydomain1.uk' to 'localcouncilmailbox@myplusnetdomain.plus.com.

I seem to remember that when I initially set up email forwarding from 123reg many moons ago there was an option to send any emails that weren't sent to a specific box to something like 'uselessspam@myplusnetdomain.plus.com' but that feature doesn't appear to be available now.

Any advice regarding setting up email forwarding from 123reg would be greatly appreciated.

Ta.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Email with Plusnet, 123reg

Hey @Mav,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I would suggest getting in touch with 123reg if your domain is been hosted via them, they may be able to advise why the option is no longer available and if there is anything else that can be done as an alternative.

Thanks.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Thanks @Mads 

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi @Mav 

I use 123Reg to forward email to my Plusnet email account.

I've set up a catch-all at 123Reg by using an asterisk (ie. a wildcard) before the @. So the address entered for forwarding is *@mydomain.com.

I've just had a look on their website and you can read a support page "Email Forwarding explained".

After checking that page about setting up a catch-all (towards the bottom of the page) I've now learned that you actually only need an asterisk (*), no need for any @s or domains etc. (but what I've originally set works fine too).