Can't connect smart plugs

FIXED
MickM2

Re: Can't connect smart plugs

Thanks 👍
Ben87

Hi

I’m having trouble connecting my smart plugs (same brand as this thread) but don’t understand how to create a 2.4GHz hotspot to rub the connection, Are you able to help? I am trying to connect them from an iOS device.
blueskyabove

Same issue here.  Neither my TP Link Tapo p110 plugs nor my Meross Mini plugs will pair with the Plusnet router (a rebadged BT Hub 2).  I've turned off the 5Ghz band on my router so only 2.4Ghz is running but everything I've tried fails. The plug management apps find the plugs, identify the network but none of them will pair.  This all worked perfectly until I switched from Vodafone to PlusNet who use a rebadged version of BT's Hub 2.   The Vodafone hub used both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and I had no need to split them or turn off the 5Ghz band to connect or change any other settings, it worked first time. The 7 smart plugs I have, at the moment, are useless to me.

I've also tried the suggestion of setting up a hotspot on my phone with the router off and with the same credentials as the router.  Waste of time.  I can't see any settings in the Hub 2 interface that I can change to allow the plugs to connect/pair.  Anybody got any fresh ideas?

blueskyabove

Hasn't worked for me

blueskyabove

This hasn't worked for me either