Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bing Maps Default Location

FIXED
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Bing Maps Default Location

For the last month or two I have been having problems with Bing Maps and the default (for want of a better name) location. I know how to set Location in Settings, and when I set my postcode in 'Location' the map can be refreshed to set the map there, but while it accepts my preferred location, it forgets it when I shutdown my pc. Is there something I need to set to get it to remember my preferred location more permanently? I do use the Save button when I set the location.

I have reported this on Feedback on Bing, and a few days ago I thought they had fixed the problem, but No, it was soon back to total memory loss

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Bing Maps Default Location

Fix
Does this help - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-does-not-save-or-remember-my/cef21...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

@Townman , I have tried your solution earlier today, and done lots of testing since. So far, it is looking very good. Thankyou. I will test it for a few more hours, then click on the "This solved my problem" button

penneck
Aspiring Pro

@Townman . Hello. I'm happy your solution has fixed this problem as Bing Maps hasn't forgotten my preferred default location. As mentioned in my earlier post, I have clicked on the "This has fixed my problem" button on your post.

Many thanks