Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice/Help

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Advice/Help

Apologies if this is not the right way to request advice but I am unsure of the best practice.

I setup my daughters business account with PN a few years ago including domain and e-mail. She is now moving premises and she is going with Sky Business.

I am now wanting to advise her where to have her domain and e-mail hosted so that she can deal with it professionally.

As I said it was some time ago and I was a lot younger then, I have tried researching other avenues but am becoming increasingly confused hence the request.

Kind Regards

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Advice/Help

I am now wanting to advise her where to have her domain and e-mail hosted so that she can deal with it professionally.

How much space is needed for the website and how many mailboxes/aliases are required ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @MisterW 

I think maybe 4 or 5 but not sure on the webspace which is currently with Yell, PN DNS records are pointing to Yell.

She can edit the site herself but thinks it is expensive I will endeavour to find the details soon but it is not big.

Regards

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@mort7890  have a look at https://www.ecohosting.co.uk/ and  https://www.mythic-beasts.com/hostin

Both have reasonably priced packages with varying storage and bandwidth allowances. Mythic use their own control panel for configuration but echosting use the standard cpanel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@mort7890 

@MisterW  is the expert here but a few things come to mind regarding this account. As I see it there are three factors to consider that maybe need clarification:

1. Who looks after the domain registration? From my reading this is currently Plusnet?

2. Where is the web site hosted? From my reading, Yell?

3. Who hosts the email? Plusnet, Yell or some-one else?

So what are you trying to do, bring all these together into one package with a new organisation or just move the Plusnet hosted bits, whichever they are?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mort7890
Pro

@Baldrick1 

Accept and appreciate advice and help from both you and the expert @MisterW 

In response

1. Plusnet,  with the CNAME record changed to yell.multiscreensite.com.

2. Correct, Yell, but I think that may be changed due to expense.

3. Plusnet e-mails using pop3

Due to change of premises at the end of Jan 2023 and as it is a business, Plusnet are not renewing business accounts, both e-mail and domain needs to be moved. Probably bring them together in one package if that is beneficial hence the reason for the request.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@mort7890 

My requirements are totally different to yours but I have a business email only account with Ecohosting. I have found that they are very helpful and their ticket system works very efficiently when responding to queries.

You obviously need to decide whether or not you are going to move the web site hosting as that will determine just what your new requirements are, to just transfer the domain registration and email, or the full package.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mort7890
Pro

@Baldrick1 

Think that it will be the total package to Ecohosting but will get the holiday period over with first.

I am, on a personal basis, looking at them also,with very similar circumstances to yourself however, although I do not have a web site, I have a domain name. Again getting the holiday period over with.