Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G switch off

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

3G switch off

As a reminder, RWG ( Wales internet provider ) . running on the EE network, have sent the following information as a reminder

3G Switch-off

RWG Mobile have received confirmation from BT that from the 8th of January, EE will begin the nationwide programme of retiring their 3G service.

BT will initiate the decommissioning of their 3G services in the region of North Wales, and if no significant issues arise, BT plan to work region-by-region around the UK, at pace, to remove 3G coverage.

Each impacted region will continue to offer 2G, 4G and 5G services (if available), meaning customers will maintain call, data, and SMS functionality. For the avoidance of doubt, customers will have to rely on their device falling back to 2G services for voice calls, which will disrupt any ongoing 4G/5G data sessions.

More information can be found on our blog

4 REPLIES 4
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: 3G switch off

That's interesting my back up phone is with RWG as it's on EE and my main phone is on Vodafone 

They are giving double top ups this month 

Double top-up January* is back!  All online credit top-ups applied during January will be doubled

dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Voda is switching all their 3G off by end of Jan, all 3G will disappear this year.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

O2 say their 3G will be switching off in 2025

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/3g-switch-off

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@dvorak wrote:
Voda is switching all their 3G off by end of Jan, all 3G will disappear this year.

Shame that as my trusty dual sim uses 3/4G on both slots.

3G being far more reliable than 4 I might add - especially around here with a minimal signal.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!