cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions...

mwarby
Grafter

Re: Two questions...

I thought sky was a 12 month contract, with 12 month warranty ?
mwarby
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
The same issue of having to pay for a repair, or bear the cost of replacement, issue exists within mobile phone contracts though the cause of failure is more likely to be accidental damage.

Indeed but with mobile phones, you have a 2 year warranty excluding accidental damage, and many providers of insurance to cover accidental damage. Also you can use your mobile contract with a phone you source yourself, plusnet as I understand it require you to use one of their boxes, only available from them
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: MattyC
Within the first 12 months, we would replace the box FOC. Following this, it would be chargeable.

I had already seen this thread when I received a sales call this morning (there's a ticket on my account about it. I was offered a 24 month contract @ £5/month and £7.99 shipping for the YouView+ and no activation fee.
I specifically asked about two things, the activation charge being zero and also how long the box was guaranteed for. The agent said the guarantee was for the term of the contract i.e. 24 months. I mentioned this post saying that I had seen that the guarantee was only 12 months. The agent repeated that it was for the term of the contract so they had been told during training.
I now wonder if this is correct or not?Huh
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Argggggggh. Please give me a moment to write a strongly worded email to someone.
Really sorry for the misinformation, it's definitely only 12 months. Please take this information as correct.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: MattyC
Really sorry for the misinformation, it's definitely only 12 months.

I said I thought she was wrong  Smiley
p.s. Was the pricing and  contract length info correct then?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

The rest was correct, yes  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mwarby
Grafter

I'm confused, the plusnet tv contract is for 18 months or 12 ? warranty is for 12 right ?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,295

the contract is for 18 or 24 (depending on your conversation with PN it seems) warranty is always 12.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mwarby
Grafter

Probably depends on new customer sales vs customer options team (and what options you have, how your haggling is etc)
adie:quote
robbiecollie
Grafter

I to was offfered a two year deal and no £50 fee also told that all repairs within the two years the box would be replaced so shall not now be signing up for this deal
mwarby
Grafter

If you can get the customer options team to confirm in writing, I think plusnet would struggle to get away with mot replacing, but could be a hassle getting the replacement