cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer did not show up

kes1603
Dabbler

engineer did not show up

I joined plus-net a few months ago because the service they offered seemed second to none. Home phone line was on within a day! So, we decided to have another service put in at our stables for a security system and booked and paid, in advance, for it. The date came through for an engineers visit, and yes, you guessed it, they didn't show! Took a day off work, did a 60 mile round trip and all for nothing. Not even an apology despite them having 2 phone numbers and email addresses to contact me! Many phone-calls later and much complaining and they still haven't said sorry. The engineer did show up a week later, moaning about a bad back with nothing but excuses and still no sign of an apology. Customer service do nothing but give you the run around in the hope to dilute their incompetence and hope you give up with complaining. What baffles me is this.. communication is what they do.. 24/7.. phone, broadband .. yet they do not seems to be able to 'communicate' with the people that are keeping them in business.. you and me. How difficult is it to say, sorry or that the engineer is unable to attend as promised????  But then what do you expect from a company owned by BT  
adie:orange removed poll as it served no purpose.
16 REPLIES 16
mikko
Grafter

Re: engineer did not show up

Was the security system in the stables anything to do with Plusnet?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of that question. He needed a telephone line to hook the security system up and it's the installation of the phone line that cost an extra day off work and a second 60mile round trip.
kes1603: have you read http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights ?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mikko
Grafter

OK, I was just a bit confused about whether PN install phone lines without any broadband involvement.
kes1603
Dabbler

Thanks jely. Let's hope Plusnet can work out the simplicity of my frustration as easily as you did. Pity others can't grasp it! I'll have a read through the link you sent me. What's annoying is the 'how did we do' surveys they send within minutes of completion in the hope of a pat on the back..bloody cheek.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: kes1603
... What's annoying is the 'how did we do' surveys..

These are an excellent opportunity to feedback your problems, I've been happy with Plusnet for a long time but I'd take the opportunity to use the 'how did we do' to express discontent if it ever ever justified, I think Plusnet want to hear about any problems so that they can avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@kes1603
I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered here and for any issues that started with us and affected your experience with us.
Mind dropping me a PM with the details of the account affected so I can look into this?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kes1603
Dabbler

kes1603
Dabbler

Its pretty simple if you can see both account as there is only one that had a failed engineer visit...!!!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, there has already been some confusion over the details across the two accounts so I'm playing it safe which seems best I'll be dealing with it this afternoon so I'll get back to you ASAP with an update.
EDIT: Just letting you know that I've responded to your PM.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kes1603
Dabbler

Not sure how you can be confused as Im sure you have the ability to be able to see what went wrong from your end ! You asked me in your last email what I expected .. well, compensation ! It cost me a day off work, all because someone does not know how to use a phone and tell me the engineer is not coming, a 60 mile round trip,  and the inconvenience of arranging  for someone else to attend when it suited you. WHY do you not realize we, the customer, keep you in business. Your adverts state ''we'll make you proud'' ... of what exactly ????
kes1603
Dabbler

ps..I have no qualms about taking this to the small claims court, and trust me, I WILL
kes1603
Dabbler

it also makes me wonder how many of the 529 views of this post as of 2036, have been interested and even involved in this same type of fiasco Huh
kes1603
Dabbler

To Adam Walker / PLUSNET
WHY do you put so many obstacles in the customers way ? You asked me what I expected you to do.. well, COMPENSATION.. for the failed engineer visit, the 60 mile round trip I made and for the day taken off work. the legal term being Consequential Loss.
Another point which has angered me is regarding previous communications. All of a sudden you were able to see what the problem was regarding the failed engineer visit by looking at my other account to find the 'correct' info.. so that proves a point on it's own doesn't it?
So why could you NOT have done that in the first place?
The whole sorry situation could quite easily have been sorted long ago IF the phone calls and messages I've been promised a reply to HAD HAPPENED !
Instead, you/Plusnet  have just left it in the hope I'd give up even though I have had messages saying the issue has been escalated, but I can only assume 'into the basement'. nothing has happened.
I know this may seem trivial and probably is and I'm sorry your getting the rough end of the stick for somebody else's incompetence at the start when the engineer failed to show. It's the 'sticking the two fingers up' at customers and the principal ' oh he's got the phone a week late, so what '' behind this that gets under the skin.
Why should it be the customer that has to phone in 2 hours after a failed visit timeslot, which was booked and paid for weeks in advance, before you can be updated as to what happened? Don't you have phones your end to ring us??? Parcel delivery firms use the same technology you use, called radio and microwave transmissions, to update their data base within seconds of a delivery. Prey tell why it is then that the engineer, who will be at the heart of the telephone network AND with a customers details and CANNOT be bothered to phone a customer direct as well as informing his base of an issue. I found out recently that the engineer was at the exchange at 0947,(visit was weeks ago)  but I could not get an update till 1500.. some 5 hours later! I could have driven to your head office and back for an update quicker, although Im not sure which one Plusnet or BT as you are owned by BT. It seems you have been infiltrated by BT manager mentality and their customer service issues.
Why do you pass the buck and blame another department when our contract is with YOU ? We are not interested in 'it looks like BT need to do some extra work on the line' or ' your previous service has not migrated ' .. Take ownership.
Does it not compute that a letter such as this should unnecessary if someone had seen it through properly? That a letter of complaint would deserve some form of compensation ?

One more point to keep in mind, I WILL NOT LET THIS DROP ! For a company in the business of communications, and with the wealth of technological devices available to us all, please, try using some of them.  Even the old fashioned letter is still active as I saw a postman the other day.
After all your advert does say ''Plusnet – we'll make you proud '' .. of exactly what?
Mr Williams
A VERY annoyed customer.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Did you get the PM I sent you yesterday?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)