Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT customer support??

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: WHAT customer support??

@Freccle which fibre product are you ordering? The Plusnet speed estimate is likely to be 35.7Mbps which might mean they will offer the 40/2 Mbps Fibre product (only). However based on the BT availability checker data in my opinion the 80/20 Mbps Fibre Extra product is worth trying.
David
Freccle
Grafter

But what if I pay for the extra speed and then don't get it?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In that case you'd be looking to downgrade to 40/2 as long as the much reduced upload speed is acceptable. My comment was made on the basis of trying to save further hassle if you didn't get the product you were expecting.
David
Freccle
Grafter

Well apparently my box can now provide fibre optic broadband. I'd rather switch from plusnet after this fiasco but they say they won't refund my line rental so it looks as if i'm stuck. So Plusnet, are you going to match the SSE offer of exrta fast broadband for £10 a month. Getting no reply whatsoever to my my ticket
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
If you'd like us to match a deal of offer a new discount then this is something you'd need to discuss with our Customer Options Team, recontracting isn't something we deal with over tickets or the forum I'm afraid.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Freccle
Grafter

It's impossible to get through to anyone. You were prepared to deal with it earlier during the discussion
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I've just sent you a PM.
Hopefully I'll get to speak with you tonight  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for your time on the phone Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Freccle
Grafter

Well the engineer turned up this morning as arranged (well done!). However he has now cleared off leaving us once again with NO internet access because apparently we should have had a new router delivered (we haven't) and he couldn't get access with the one we had.
He couldn't even connect it normally.
I've been told it will be three days to get the router and then God knows how long for the engineer and once again - for the 2nd time in 6 weeks, we are left without internet access yet I notice there's been no reduction in the bill.
To say I'm not happy is like saying Disneyland has a couple or roundabouts  Angry
Estragon
Rising Star

If you connect a computer Ethernet port to the LAN1 port on the Openreach modem, you can set up a connection for that computer through your Windows Network and Sharing page in Control Panel while you wait for the router. At least you could have some access and use email, internet shopping etc.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You shouldn't need the engineer to connect the Router, as long as he connected up the Modem and had tested your circuit was OK it should just be a case of plug it in when it arrives, but do what Estragon has suggested, see http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows... for some guidance. If you are on a Mac you'll have to google on how to do that (similar process).
Freccle
Grafter

Thank you both. I'll give it a go when I get home. Would have been nice if maybe plusnet had suggested that too
Freccle
Grafter

Any idea where I will find user name and password for.open reach modenm???? Bearing in mind Im now only able to use my phone data to search. Ive tried my plusnet one. Thannks
Estragon
Rising Star

If you have connected a computer Ethernet port to modem Lan 1 as we said, you don't set things in the modem. You do it in Windows Network and Sharing centre.
The login details to put in when it asks you are :
Username: (your Plusnet account) username@plusdsl.net
Password: (your Plusnet account) password
Set it as a PPPoE connection.
That's the username and password you set up when signing up.
Freccle
Grafter

I think I must be using the wrong password cos it isnt working and havent enough data to go on to plusnet and try and get it. So I thought ok I'll have a relaxing evening catching up on tv. Not without internet access I wont  Undecided