Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FTTP to contact Plusnet?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Using FTTP to contact Plusnet?

Talking to a friend about moving to FTTP, we touched on the topic of support - which made me pause, as I suddenly realised that I'm not aware of a way to contact Plusnet support using FTTP.

There is the phone - but Plusnet don't provide a phone service with FTTP.

There are these fora, but that isn't a reliable way to contact staff.

There is no e-mail support, no chat service any more, you can't raise a ticket. You are paying for a communications product that you can't use to communicate with the provider!

Or have I missed something?

7 REPLIES 7
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Using FTTP to contact Plusnet?

You left out Twitter & Facebook.
corringham
Seasoned Champion

I don't use twitter or facebook.  Should a 3rd party product be necessary to contact your communications provider?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Do you have a mobile? My ISP does not have an 0800 number for support, but all 01/02/03 calls are 'free' on my mobile contract, so I just use that on the very infrequent times I need to call them

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

It’s no different than if you have a break in the copper line to your property. With the change coming up to transfer all phone lines from the POTS to VoIP we will all be in this situation. There seems to be an assumption that everyone has access to a mobile.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

corringham
Seasoned Champion

Yes, I have a mobile. But I don't need to contact them - this is a hypothetical situation.

I was struck by the absurdity of a communications product that can't be used to contact the communications provider.

You can use:

• a land line provided by another company
  • a mobile (it could be Plusnet, but they don't bundle so it would be a separate product)
  • a VoIP phone - provided by another company
  • twitter - by signining up with another company
  • facebook - by signing up with another company
  • these fora - where you get to chat with volunteers and other customers, but with no guarantee of reaching a member of staff in a timely manner
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Can't argue with that, @Baldrick1 , but I would imagine the vast majority do.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Baldrick1 wrote:

It’s no different than if you have a break in the copper line to your property. With the change coming up to transfer all phone lines from the POTS to VoIP we will all be in this situation. There seems to be an assumption that everyone has access to a mobile

A fault is not the only reason someone may want to contact Plusnet - it could be a billing query for example.

You may have a 100% functional FTTP service, but no way to use that FTTP service to contact Plusnet without a 3rd party contract for a phone/VoIP/mobile/social-media.  I just find that situation absurd.