Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Full Fibre

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Upgrading to Full Fibre

@caravanj 

I've not checked recently but have you looked at Zen Internet.

Brian

bmc
Hero

@Hickmania 

That's the same as at the top of my street. I would think it will not be long before they commission the fibre to it and therefore start offering connections.

Time to start looking at the companies that use CityFibre. From memory Zen Internet and Vodaphone are the two best known. When CF show it as available they'll show you a list of providers.

Brian

Hickmania
Dabbler

@bmc 

From what I've seen on local facebook groups, most of the people in my area that can already get full fibre have gone with Toob. I also have a friend who lives a few towns away from me who is with Toob and says they are really good. £25/month with no mid-contract price rises!

bmc
Hero

@Hickmania 

I can't speak for your local area but these are the providers I've been offered by CF.

Vodafone

Zen Internet

TalkTalk

Giganet3

Brawband

Brillband

Converged

No Toob for me!!!

I would start checking CF weekly for availability and then daily nearer the end of contract. You might have to go non contract for a month or so.

Brian

bmc
Hero

@Hickmania 

Toob appear to be a builder of their own network. Are you sure it's CF that's building your's?

If you look at the Toob website you can see where they are active.

Brian

Hickmania
Dabbler

@bmc 

Yes, if you go to https://cityfibre.com/homes and scroll down to the bit where it says "Choose from a range of broadband providers" you'll see all their providers logos scrolling across the page, and the Toob logo will appear in between 'Yayzi' and 'Brillband'

Toob have also put a flyer through my letterbox several weeks ago saying that they will be available to me soon!

Hickmania
Dabbler

@bmc 

It looks like although CityFibre are building their network in several areas, not all of their partners are available in all of their areas.

If you look again at those logos going across the screen in my previous link you'll notice that some of them are regional providers. For example, I'm assuming 'York Fibre' is only available in Yorkshire, 'Briant Broadband' says in small print underneath it's name "Your Worthing Based Provider", The 'Juice' logo says Poole on it, and the 'Fibreconnect' logo says in small print "Delivering full fibre broadband to the NorthEast".

I'm in Havant, Hampshire and Toob are based in Porthsmouth and seem to be branching out from there!

Hickmania
Dabbler

Just found this page, which lists the names of all their provders as text and saves you having to wait for the relevant logo to appear on the page! 🤣 https://cityfibre.com/homes/broadband-providers 

bmc
Hero

@Hickmania 

Yes, I was aware that not all providers offered a national coverage. Once CF go live for you you'll see who's available.

Brian

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@bmc 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I looked at Zen but there wasn't enough of a price difference between them & BT to make me choose them against BT.

Anyway we've ordered the 500 Mb + unlimited calls package from BT & the Openreach engineers will be here on the 27th October.

BT are handling the switch, including the transfer of our existing landline number, & Plusnet have emailed us to confirm the move so BT have already been in touch with them

There will be an early termination fee but it's a lot less than the total of the remaining 8 months of the contract & BT will pay it anyway.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@caravanj wrote:

@bmc 

... the remaining 8 months of the contract & BT will pay it anyway.

Just shows how deep BT Retail will stick the knife into the back of the Plusnet part of BT Consumer group.  Who needs business enemies, when you've got friends like BT Retail?  For me such shabby business practices demonstrates good reason never to do business with BT Retail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Townman 

I couldn't agree more but BT are already damaging Plusnet by not allowing Plusnet to offer Digital Voice.

As I've explained in several posts, the only reason we're switching to BT is because BT provide Digital Voice & we didn't want to stay with Plusnet & have to use a 3rd party VoIP provider.