cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stunned, hub one door wedge

deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Stunned, hub one door wedge

HH5 A shudder shudder, They aren't G.inp compatible either so if your on a Huawei cab , then your connection may no work as well as should or would if you had a fully compatible device  plugged in , I have never used any ISP supplied router/modem As in my experience they all have been POS  regardless of the ISP
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I've not had problems with the ISP boxes, but we only use them in pass-thorough mode with a proper firewall router between our network and the outside world.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: deathtrap
...I have never used any ISP supplied router/modem As in my experience they all have been POS...
Isn't that rather self-contradictory? (my bold)
I agree, though, in general ISPs will never 'hand out' the best of equipment, they generally supply something simple that will work adequately for the majority of customers.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
andyfinlayson

If the OP was in fact as smart as he thinks he is i'd have thought he would have cottoned onto this concept a fair few years ago and invested in a router that fits his needs.
I did when i realised that the HH BT originally gave me dropped wifi connections every 30 seconds. £50 later i had a router that lasted me 5 years with 0 issues.
dick:quote
dorkasaurus
Dabbler

This has made some interesting reading, it would appear that expecting some kit supplied by an ISP to actually do the job it's supposed to do casts doubt on my intelligence, what I have ended up doing Andyfinlayson is writing my own router in an old linux box that I had lying around, the whole point is I shouldn't really have to but obviously up their on your high horse you see so much clearer Wink I guess at least this way I can load up my own choice of IDS system, and VPN server all in one box rather than the POS plusnet have supplied,
The whole point was principle, for an ISP to supply something and then hide behind the "we don't support that function" is laughable, well as more and more people have problems with it (and this will particularly hit gamers) then it will cost them customers the same as it has with BT, but thats fine because there be a ready supply of smart comments in the forums from people that haven't got the balls to stand for principles and will happily take any old gumf they are given....simply because they haven't got the brains to question it Wink
To the few that offered serious advice/comments, thanks, I am now in the process of sorting the issue and am building my own router with multiple networks for the wireless which will be more useful for my purposes anyway, it just grates on me when a company can say "not my problem" and walk away from the POS they provide, you live and learn Wink
dick:quote
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

sounds like you have your own horse that you're sitting upon also.
i said it earlier in thread, but again i think you need to go and sit in a dark room and gather some calm thoughts.
Mav
Fixes: 516
Moved: