Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet ratings slipping significantly

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet ratings slipping significantly

Quote from: AndyH
Plusnet have far more issues internally than externally. Their ordering and billing systems are pre-historic and clearly not up to the job. If/when these are updated and improved, I would imagine call waiting times will decrease dramatically.

My understanding was that  they had a new provisioning system in place which clearly has a few gremlins, but from most of the posts I've read on here with provisioning issues, a significant number appear to be caused by mistakes by provisioning agents. I'm unable to see this as anything other than poor training.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm afraid I can't see what poor training has to do with a system that fails to recognise when BTw/BTOR has cancelled an order and there's no automatic alert for someone to investigate what's gone wrong as a matter of priority!
Secondly, a half decent system would have measures in place to stop agents making the common mistakes.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I won't disagree with the sentiment of that, but do we know that the system is not alerting the failed orders and it's the agents that are failing to pick them up for whatever reason?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

There are a few shades of grey in "failing to pick them up"...
Not visible
Not bothering
There being too many to cope with in a reasonable time frame

Whilst I am sure that amongst the many causes some are indeed down to PlusNet agent error, however reading around here and asking questions many are to do with the complex and restrictive BTw / BTOR systems, which can cause mayhem.
Orders becoming stuck in BTw / BTOR systems blocking progress - protracted bridge cases to fix those issues resulting in order cancellation timeouts - pear-shaped events leading to corruption of BTw / BTOR database records inhibiting all ordering on a given line - ALID or unique Address Key invalid / pointing to the wrong exchange (more supplier database corruptions).  All of these require out-of-process manual effort to put right.
I'm sure that this is only the tip of the iceberg of BTw/BTOR instigated issues which result in order failure / cancellation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.