Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Pro, we need more GB per month

matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Pro, we need more GB per month

actually your 120gb only covers peak time
With the included "use as much as you can" off peak, you could quite easily exceed 120gb.
Again, your discussion is hardly relevant - Mod to split off from topic?
as when my year is complete it  will make business sense for me to migrate to a new provider

Not unless your reselling your bandwidth, as its not "business" sense, its "consumer" sense. Your not a busines, your a consumer.
with the requirement to have a phone(the ethernet link)

Your comparing a phoneline to an ethernet link ? id suggest you guess again, your phoneline could be 5/6KM long, an ethernet link would only last 100m before it failed.
You personally, have paid for sod all tbh. the small margin which you've paid on your subscription wouldnt cover the cost of advertising, or any of the other overheads... Your money goes into one big pot, which is then split into different resources .. just like everyone elses small profit margin. This is how businesses work, and  grow, and prosper. Clever that.
Back On TOPIC (Hopefully for good, if you have issues with your service Giro id suggest opening your own thread in the correct place)
Id like some more input from Adam in a "whats kind of feasible" in terms of packages (without knowing costings and margins etc. this is all speculation anyway)
Any insight as to 'whats possible' would be great.
Regards
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Only a few days left then
Quote from: giro
as no apology is forthcoming, i've informed the bank and canceled my direct debits
as no further payments will be made by me
im no longer prepared to accept its forum insults and  plusnet's  lack of willingness to investigate
the complaint personally
I'm notifying ofcom by writing , now after further  reading I'm considering contacting the police

magnetism2772
Grafter

I didnt  know this topic was about   you
I'll  leave you and adam alone
and look for a  little 'real life content'
that includes 10GB of data downloading on the net
as its not  mentioned on this forum
Be3G
Grafter

OK, things have got very personal so I've had to remove a few posts. Personal attacks are not tolerated. Frankly I'm disappointed by how willing everyone – even including other moderators – has been to stir things up. This thread returns to an amiable discussion right now, or it gets locked… which would be a shame because the premise of the thread is a valid one for sensible discussion.
COD-Dougal

It's a shame this thread has rather gone off topic.
Back to the limits on Pro. Now I understand that Plusnet need to make a living and sell profitable products, but I bet at the moment, Pro is their most profitable. There is no way I can stay within 20GB/month so I am currently paying an extra £8/month for additional capacity. Today I used nearly 1GB - half of that was Steam updates on only two PCs. I'm sure there are plenty of other Pro users who are now doing the same, paying a bit extra. So where is the incentive for Plusnet to change their product when it's raking in the easy money? It's obvious to me that they would rather attract new customers (Plusnet, the new Tiscali - we won't be beat on price) than keep their existing ones, but that's the way ISPs are run nowadays. I've really been pleased with Plusnet for all these years, but this relationship may end soon.... Just give me 30GB instead of 20, that's all I want.
matt_2k34
Grafter

hmm interesting..
Drop the market 3 pricing, bump it up to market 1 just above, add 10gb...?
i think the main concensus is people will pay more for more capacity if its a good amount of capacity.
Raking in easy money? actually "Adding" bandwidth should cause PN a headache, as it means all their forecasters who say how much bandwidth they need to buy, will need to keep changing their forecasts.
For them the best way is for everyone to be satisfied with their product, and make sure they do not want to move (this is the best way to make "easy money")
COD-Dougal

Product planners have a very simple job. Make sure the product makes money from the people who use less than the allowance - obviously this is the case or a product would never make any money - and also from those who exceed the allowance - which they clearly do at their current rates. I currently do pay more for extra capacity and my point is I bet lots of other Pro users have done the same this year when they didn't have to last year. That must result in a more profitable product for Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Id like some more input from Adam in a "whats kind of feasible" in terms of packages (without knowing costings and margins etc. this is all speculation anyway)
Any insight as to 'whats possible' would be great.

In my opinion what is most feasible as a short term measure (i,e not requiring months of development work) would be a more attractive method of adding extra bandwidth to our existing account types.
Unless I'm mistaken the current offerings aren't really the issue and I think price-wise we are matching the costs of these accounts quite well in relation to how traffic is managed across the network. The one thing that seems to get criticised the most is the amount of bandwidth offered. I won't go into specifics but if you were able to add on an extra 10 or 20gb of data for the existing packages at a rate say lower than the equivalent of £5 for 5gb I think that would be much more beneficial.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't understand why the rate for Pro is the same as for the other products. As the extra usage on Pro is Gold it costs PN more to provide the capacity.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
matt_2k34
Grafter

As the extra usage on Pro is Gold it costs PN more to provide the capacity

It certainly has the potential too.
i agree adam, i think you need to be charging the same for bandwidth in the "add on" bandwidth as you do for the bandwidth in the 'account', but obviously its going to be more expensive for Pro extra traffic... but £5 for 5gb is an absolute Joke.
nibor
Grafter

Quote from: David
Quote from: nibor
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Thanks David W, that's a great idea.

Not at those prices, would move to BT inifty.

BT Infinity is a Fibre product, there will be packages for Fibre coming along eventually when PN start rolling it out.  But as I showed previously, on Fibre with PlusNet I can download 21TB a month, would BT Infinity let you download that much?

Im already on the FTTC trial  Wink
matt_2k34
Grafter

i believe David W was getting at that..
BT has a FUP of 300gb, whereas with the free periods that can be MUCH more with plusnet.
Dom
Grafter

Just to add yet more strain on available bandwidth:
http://www.lovefilm.com/features/detail.html?editorial_id=29959&cid=lftwitter_ps3launch
LoveFilm is now available on your PS3 - meaning you can stream DVD-quality films straight to your PS3.
matt_2k34
Grafter

... you could just set it to download overnight?
If you pay for 'premium' psn (£40 per annum  🐵 you can schedule your downloads of updates etc. im sure it would run things like this also though
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just to add yet more strain on available bandwidth:

We have no definitive plans as yet but we do actively forecast if extra capacity will be required when new services/games, media events or sports are released/broadcast.
Love film is a very popular service but I do sometimes wonder what a demographic would look like of whether our pro customers use a PS3, Xbox, other consoles or a PC for gaming and media streaming,
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team