Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Are you also taking in to account the feedback on Usenet plusnet.service.customer-feedback?
I can't quote it here because I'd get in to trouble with the moderators for avoidance of the swear word filter.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, that's included too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Quote from: Chris
The links in mine are what I believe are useful too.

Chris,
Out of interest, is that a personal view or the collective view of the CRT, as I observe all CRT sdigs appear to be identical?

Typo corrected - sorry CRT  Embarrassed Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Most of the sigs on CRT were copied from mine I believe, however it's good to have a level of consistency.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Chris,
Agreed!  It is indeed consistency at the right level that leads to excellence.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

When asking a question (raising a ticket):
Tip1: Bookmark the direct link to the Help assistant provided in several members' signatures - it will save you potentially visiting parts of the site you never really wanted to go to!
Tip2: Log into the Member Centre where you will see 'Our Support Team have replied to your question' which includes a link which will take you to it.
Tip3: Although the Support Team may have actually replied to your question, you will probably find that the 'replies' are merely the automated line checks, advice that your question has been passed to the correct team, and that you will have to wait for up to 24 hours for a reply from a real person (I won't comment about that!)
Tip4: If you then return to your Member Centre page you will find the link to your question has magically disappeared unless you log out and back in again, which is where Tip1 will come in handy.
Tip5: When raising your ticket save a copy of your text to a Word file or similar, because the ticket only shows PlusNet's 'feedback', not your original question.
I'm sure someone will point out if I am missing anything here, but in the meantime I certainly hope that when the role of 'Chatting' about faults is finally clarified and established, the whole faults system is made a bit more straightforward and user-friendly.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Tip6: When you want to add an update, the direct link mentioned in Tip1 will save a lot of hassle in the period where you are awaiting a response.
All methods of initial contact with Plusnet have their pro's and their con's. However, as Plusnet have put resources into trying to fix the poor aspects of  ticket system and they've always reinforced the benefits of the permanent record on a users account that the ticket creates, it won't disappear in a hurry.
So whatever method of initial contact, if there's something that needs investigating or recording etc. there will always be a ticket. So anything that makes life difficult for the customer to get to tickets is patently stupid.
hillyfields123
Grafter

As Anotherone said, easy access to the details of the account is invaulable so that the appropriate ticket can easily be pointed out to the customer service rep. I've contacted PN a few times now and had to refer back to a ticket that was 6 months old and I'm sure that being told the ticket number made things considerably easier!
Also, having the exact same details in front of me as the rep simplified the communication because the issue didn't have to be entirely re-explained!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Well done Plusnet - even experienced users can't find their old tickets!
Quote from: Routefinder
Hi All
I am likely missing something very obvious but I went into the Help & Support section once logged in looking to find my older support questions..............................but nowhere as before can I find the linky to open the older support questions and their various threaded answers!
Please someone tell where they are before I go bonkers  Crazy
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi all in this thread.......:)
I find it bizarre that a company that says how much praise they get for customer service seem IMO to have forgotten a key feature of such a high quality service and that is transparency.  Why do I say transparency, well the ability to go into ones own older tickets to recheck information is paramount when it comes to taking up a next discussion on a similar matter as may have been asked in the past.
I surmise that PN will say "we can access them and let you know what was said......" doh ~ epic fail if that is considered service.
As mentioned above PN have introduced new ways to support their customers but it seems what they see as a legacy method is being treated as ancient history that needs the skill of an archaeologist to rediscover the dusty records.
Come on PN give us all back the valued access to the retired ticket records ASAP please Smiley
Edit ~ sorry should have read the opening posts especially the one where Jelv said 'see my signature' ~ another senior moment I fear  Shocked on this thread more thoroughly to 'see' that the Help Assistant is indeed accessible....................but oh boy is it far from obvious Sad  However having now found it and searched, the only tickets I seem to be able to find are the automated "service tickets" and the ones that refer to "my referals".  Again I may be missing something but where are the full history of the tickets including the ones I personally raised???  NB and the farthest back for those (of any sort available) is 11th April 2014 !
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You should be able to see the last year's worth if you enter your own date range but this is something they snuck in with no announcement.
There's one particular old ticket of mine that I wish was still accessible.
Routefinder
Grafter

Yes, as mentioned the last date is for me 11th April and it would therefore seem that the one I was hoping to find pre-dates that date i.e. it must have been sometime between Jan to March???
Within the date range that you can access are there any tickets that you raised or are they also filtering based on PN internally generated ones excluding customer raised ones? 
I appreciate that with a growing customer list only so much data can be stored (archived?) but without comprehensive accessible records how do we the customers and PN themselves know/recall the histories of customer interactions.  Surely like billing info they should be obliged to keep such records for way longer than the appear to do so???
Chris
Legend

Billing info isn't stored on the ticket system, the info for that can be seen via the member centre and checking your invoices.
We store ticket history in an accessible manner for 12 months, the support staff can access another 12 months on top of that, anything further back needs to be unarchived.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks for reminding us of that Chris.
Routefinder
Grafter

+1, thanks as good to know 'they' are archived if/as needed.
FWIW in the case of info I was trying find I had copied and pasted the relevant part into something else in my docs folder, so all OK Smiley
dick:quote