Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Quote from: Chris

All chats are logged and recorded, we can access the logs if needed and a customer can request the chat log is emailed to them as part of the chat.

I think it would be better if by default, chats are emailed to the customer ( email address on file).
If they do not want to receive the chat log, untick a box.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dnpark38
Rising Star

I raised a "ticket" as you call them on here this morning took me ages to do it.
Is the website just badly put together or deliberately made hard to do it?
I went in circles several times with FAQ appearing then some how a question to Support  form appeared I filled it in and have been sent an e-mail acknowledgement of my Question and a number, no mention of the word "ticket".
Main problem is if I wanted to ask another Support question I have no idea how I got to the question form.
Would what I have done be what you here call a "ticket"?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ticket/question - they are the same thing.
To view or raise new tickets go to http://contactus.plus.net
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gofaster
Rising Star

If you finally do get to raise a ticket Question it states:
Need help? Ask us here. Your question will be placed into a queue and answered by the Support Team.
We’ll be as quick as possible. We’ll let you know when it’s ready by email or text message to your mobile.
You’ll then be able to read the reply in the My Questions section of Help & Support.

But Help & Support doesn't have a My Questions section.  Crazy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Removing the link to the ticket system seems to have drawn a lot of "friendly fire" - sure do promote the chat as a preference, but there is no need to hide the link.  It only generates conspiracy theories!
... All rather reminds me of my development team boss on a bad day trying to get a new product release out the door... "If they stopped testing we'd not have any more A&B priority bug reports stopping release..."
[cynic]  If we stop them raising tickets (by hiding the link) we can get the average response time down to something which looks acceptable...!  [/cynic]
Sorry!  Roll_eyes
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lewisskinner
Hooked

Quote from: I
I think it would be better if by default, chats are emailed to the customer ( email address on file).
If they do not want to receive the chat log, untick a box.
Regards
Mike

The issue here Mike is that customer chatting to us do not need to give us an email address (or even their username) in the 'pre-chat survey' at the start of the chat should they not wish to.
The option to enter one's email address and request an transcript come in the 'post-chat survey', when a customer clicks end conversation following resolution or promise of a follow-up
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: lewisskinner
customer chatting to us do not need to give us an email address (or even their username

This makes sense if the enquiry is a non-customer but if I've logged into the member centre and then gone into the chat system I'd expect my details to be instantly available to the support staff, along with ticket history, so that I haven't got to start from scratch explaing who I am.
This is an ill conceived idea and does not appear to benefit the customer in any way.  I don't see how it benefits PN either as forcing customers down the phone/chat route means that the 1st line support staff will have do deal with more issues rather than just forwarding tickets to the relevant 2nd line team.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The ticket system is still there for the more complex issues or those that need specific teams to respond. The chat staff can deal with the majority of queries that come through.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

If PN no longer have the Ticket system ,,,,, it stops posts here complaining about WAIT times , and adding info puts you to back of the que .
makes sense for PN to remove it rather than fix it  Cheesy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Rongtw,
You have been sleeping - that issue was fixed only a few weeks ago.  Such a  shame that the reduced volume of tickets being raised by hiding the link will mean that the full benefit of that work will not be seen...  Wink

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I've seen numerous times the argument that PN don't favour email correspondence for faults and the Ticket system is registered and traceable. I accepted this as advice given to newbies, don't worry PN have a system and you will get your issues delt with in an open and systematic manner.
Now we seem to see an ill thought out scheme of phone and chat reporting which will leave most users disadvantaged and not aware that there is a robust system in the background. If there is that is.  Huh
What do our erudite Mods and Bright Sparks tell the unaware and confused now? Have PN given any guidance?
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Townman
Such a  shame that the reduced volume of tickets being raised by hiding the link will mean that the full benefit of that work will not be seen... 

Hi Townman,
I'd just like to add that the changes we made to the ticketing system last month won't lose any value as these changes benefited functionality for existing tickets, not creating new ones. This functionality has not changed and tickets can still be raised and customers and staff can still comment on them (this is where the ticket changes benefit come in) Smiley
It's nice to see that the benefits from those changes are being pointed out though! Smiley
Hope you're well!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: PeterLoftus
I've seen numerous times the argument that PN don't favour email correspondence for faults and the Ticket system is registered and traceable.
Yes, I've heard that too, but it's a red herring.
Many suppliers I deal with accept email correspondence (which IS logged like any other "ticket") and initial queries are typically given a reference that, as long as it's maintained in the subject in any replies, stays linked together on the system.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'm busy redesigning my signature to include a link to http://contactus.plus.net
Just need the external link icon loaded where I can refer to it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Done.
Perhaps others would like to copy the following to their signatures:
[url=http://contactus.plus.net][size=18pt][u]Plusnet Help Assistant[/u][/size]  [img]http://users.plus.net/QL:D4197171[/img]
Ask a question or view your answers[/url]