Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Firewall Blank Page

FIXED
Phantom
Dabbler

Broadband Firewall Blank Page

Trying to view Broadband Firewall settings, the page briefly shows Loading..., then just blanks out that entire section, in both Edge and Firefox.

12 REPLIES 12
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

Re: Broadband Firewall Blank Page

Hi,

Open the page and try CTRL+F5, this might help

HTH

Phantom
Dabbler

Tried Ctrl-F5, no change. Added screenshot and also tested with Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection Off (normally Standard), still blank Smiley

It is strange that the page starts off "Loading.." then "Getting basic/advanced firewall options" in their respective sections, then just the blank panel as shown.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

Works fine for me with Chrome and Edge, with Firefox I do not see the Help and Setting options found under the Broadband tab, displays this Mint 21.2 and Windows 11 

Edit: - first I get a message to say I am out of contract then as below

Screenshot 2023-08-08 152657.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I see using Firefox 113.0.2

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 17-42-24 Broadband Firewall Member Centre Plusnet.png

Phantom
Dabbler

Maybe an account issue, since a home move botched a few things before being resolved. Could a staff member check if there's anything that might prevent using the Broadband Firewall page? And/or confirm its set to Off since I can't Cheesy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Fix

Hi @Phantom 

I've made a change to the status of the broadband firewall component.

Can you try accessing the page now? You may need to log out and back in again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phantom
Dabbler

That did the trick, page is now working Smiley

Thanks @Gandalf, marking as fixed/resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that!

Some of the credit goes to @bobpullen for his advice on how the component works. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukbobboy
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Sorry to bother with this old "solved" problem but unfortunately the problem that @Phantom had is now ocurring to me, when trying to access the "Broadband Firewall" facility, i.e. I get thrown out of the screen which is then forever denied to me.

I have tried contacting Plusnet's help desk but got nowhere and so I was directed to contact you by another knowledgable forum member, Nibiru.

BTW, the browser I use is Firefox v116.0.2 (64 bit).

Nibiru is, I believe, a Firefox user also and he can access the "Broadband Firewall" facility while I cannot, therefore is there anything I can do the make this option available to me?

however, if you require any further info or need clarification then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks In Advance.

UK Bob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ukbobboy 

That's by design. As part of some changes we're making, we've recently turned off the broadband firewall for both new customers, and some existing customers who have never used it at some point. Couple of reasons for this is that these days most people use NAT and routers, rather than USB modems, so it doesn't do a lot.

If you're using a Plusnet router, its built-in firewall will be far more effective, along with any firewall you may have installed on your device.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukbobboy
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Thanks for your reply, I now understand that this facility is not required unless you have a USB modem.

Cheers

UK Bob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @ukbobboy 

Let us know if there’s anything else you need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet