cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

When this thread started I was mildly annoyed. I am now angry and frustrated.   Angry
Quote from: plusnettony
...I hope that it will be an improvement to the current situation.

Er, no, it gets worse.   Sad
On Wednesday morning I tried Online Chat to report a couple of minor problems on a friend's connection - a stuck profile and a capped ADSL2+ upload. "Online chat is currently unavailable, please choose another option."
So, using Anotherone's sig link, I raised a couple of tickets.
Nearly 48 hours later, both tickets were answered thus -
Dear Mr Xxxxxxxx,
Thanks for taking the time to contact Plusnet.
We're making some changes to the way we handle our customers questions. So, we’re not able to answer your question in this way but we’d be more than happy to help you quickly and easily though Plusnet Chat.
Just follow the link below to chat to us online and we’ll do all we can to help.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Kind regards,

Online Chat was again "currently unavailable".   Roll_eyes
Am I to understand that reporting problems via the ticket system is no longer possible?
Tickets - 104427132 and 104427673
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mlmclaren
Grafter

Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

What the devil is going on - this is going from bad to worse to downright stupid  Crazy Crazy Crazy
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have the advantage of being able to get on the bus into town and go and knock on their door. Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Strat
I have the advantage of being able to get on the bus into town and go and knock on their door. Roll_eyes

But you might see a sign like this -
We're making some changes to the way we handle our visitors. So, we’re not able to open the door, but we’d be more than happy to help you quickly and easily though Plusnet Chat.
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

For convenience you can use the intercom located at the side of the door - when we manage to get it working properly  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Last time I tried there was a 35 minute wait on the intercom Sad
Matt Allwright was in the queue with a film crew Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Strat

Please please do so Dick and have a jolly good moan about these issues.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

So the truth is out?  PlusNET are seeking to demise the ticket system in favour of a part time only good in parts chat service?  How else can one conclude matters given the actions around here - inhibition of access to the ticket system and tickets which users do manage to raise being closed with instructions to use the non-available chat service, which creates no CRM record?
Sorry, but shame on you - either for the mistake made by the service agent(s) who responded to these tickets or the management who have directed CRT's responses on here implying that there is no intent to discourage the use of tickets.
PlusNET you are not doing yourselves proud.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Several years ago, I once raised a ticket asking for my Plusnet current line speed to be increased to match my BT IP profile. The first response I got was to tell me it should happen automatically, obviously I'd already waited a few days before raising the ticket. Trying again I just got a response that they'd looked at my line and I was getting about the estimated speed. Needless to say, I never bothered wasting my time with the ticket system again for an apparently straightforward request like that. It seems that if you want good support, you have to use these forums anyway.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Force

On Wednesday morning I tried Online Chat to report a couple of minor problems on a friend's connection - a stuck profile and a capped ADSL2+ upload. "Online chat is currently unavailable, please choose another option."
So, using Anotherone's sig link, I raised a couple of tickets.
Nearly 48 hours later, both tickets were answered thus -
Dear Mr Xxxxxxxx,
Thanks for taking the time to contact Plusnet.
We're making some changes to the way we handle our customers questions. So, we’re not able to answer your question in this way but we’d be more than happy to help you quickly and easily though Plusnet Chat.
Just follow the link below to chat to us online and we’ll do all we can to help.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Kind regards,

Online Chat was again "currently unavailable".   Roll_eyes
Am I to understand that reporting problems via the ticket system is no longer possible?
Tickets - 104427132 and 104427673

UPDATE
The profile problem seems to have righted itself.
Tried another go at sorting the upload cap - well who'd have thought it - Online chat is currently unavailable, please choose another option.

Option? What option? Oh, you mean try phoning! Well PN, if you think that waiting on the phone listening to overloud muzak for an indeterminate time is an option I beg to differ.  Roll_eyes
If any CRT staff are reading - could you please answer my original question -
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I think I've mentioned this either earlier in this thread or elsewhere, certain types of query are still available on the ticket system, however in general we'd advise contacting us via chat or call if the type of query you're making doesn't fit with one of the categories on the help assistant. I'm going to check into the response you've received as I didn't know this is what was being sent back now.
FYI, I'll get the upload uncap sorted too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Chris ?  if only certain types of Query are available , Which types ?? so we know ,
Also how do we contact you if  " Sorry Chat is Not Available " ???????
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Chris ?  if only certain types of Query are available , Which types ?? so we know ,

The help assistant should show you which ones tickets can be raised for as you go through it.
Also how do we contact you if  " Sorry Chat is Not Available " Huh?Huh?Huh

If it's an urgent query, then probably by calling, alternatively if it's non-urgent the chat is manned every day.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Subject to being proved wrong
I have just tried using the Help Assistant for various questions such as billing error, phone charge error
This is one answer - see pic
The only way I could get to raising a ticket was via the Fault Troubleshooter - is this what you mean that anything else is via chat or call