cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

The help assistant is still the same as previous, the only change that has happened is the link has been moved.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The term Plusnet use for raising tickets is "Ask a question". So try asking Jess "How do I ask a question?"
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Quote from: PeterLoftus
But you can't raise a ticket from that page

Peter,
Click any "more" and then "other".

@Chris,
Is that simply "moved" and we've missed the point or is it "removed" (hopefully as an interim step to something rearranged)?

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: jelv
The term Plusnet use for raising tickets is "Ask a question". So try asking Jess "How do I ask a question?"
That answer was as useful as a chocolate fireguard  Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Quote from: jelv
So try asking Jess "How do I ask a question?"

That creates a circular response advising "Ask Jess", where as "How do I raise a question" delivers the link to the Help Assistant.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Jesus wept  Crazy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Although those of you that post in here know that the ticket/question system exists and how to use it, would new(er) customers really be searching for 'how to ask a question' or 'how to raise a ticket'? Personally I don't think so, I think they'd be searching for 'my speed has dropped', 'email not working' or something related to the actual problem they are having.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Townman. Got it! It's like those automated phone systems. " if you want this press one, if you want that press two". All designed to make you give up half way. That'll reduce ticket numbers.  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@Chris
I tried that and all I finished up with is the faults wizard
I also tried asking various options on
Current Line Speed
Plusnet Profile
and got nowhere - so you are stuck with live chat which, in this case, may well be the better option
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Although those of you that post in here know that the ticket/question system exists and how to use it, would new(er) customers really be searching for 'how to ask a question' or 'how to raise a ticket'? Personally I don't think so, I think they'd be searching for 'my speed has dropped', 'email not working' or something related to the actual problem they are having.

Suppose you'll be sending Customer Support calls oversea's next...
I like your approach to screw the existing and knowing customers... I suppose it the NEW Plusnet way!

FAILED!
I suppose the Yorkshire Terrier is in the Kennel now as well  Shocked
PS I switched to PLusnet for the ticket system.... I liked the Idea of being able to submit tickets with detailed descritions and supporting documents and imagery!  Sad
richandsian
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

I think most people just want something easy to use that'll go to a human; sometimes synchronously, sometimes asynchronously. I doubt many website customers want a convoluted "turn it off and on again or call us" FAQ system. Raising a ticket should be as obvious as the chat online option.
chrcoluk
Grafter

if its hidden, its effectively removed.
customers who dont know about this thread will not use it.
and eventually plusnet will come out with "we have noticed only a very small amount of customers use the ticket system, it is no longer cost effective to maintain it and will be disabled on XXXX date"
mlmclaren
Grafter

thats if we even get notice!
grahamt
Rising Star

Steering users towards chat is all very well (sometimes), but some of us don't have microphones attached to our desktop PCs! Probably becoming less usual, but still.
I guess I could chat via my tablet, but generally I'd prefer to ask a written question.
As others have said, it really wouldn't hurt to have the link to the Help Assistant prominently visible as well as having a pointer to the chat system.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I did post a little while ago that "Chat" wasn't the best title - your post has just proved the point.
You don't need a microphone - it's like a messenger dialog.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)