cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

Another call for the ticket system to be re-instated.
it is VITAL for long ongoing issues. For example it took something like 3 months for me to be upgraded to fibre with 5 failed engineer visits. To get that sorted, the ticket system was vital. Dealing with phone/chat would have been unviable due to the need to get the person you are talking with up to speed with the issue EVERY SINGLE TIME. It would also be impossible for someone like Adam (who was brilliant the whole time) to take over the case.
The end result will be that I'll be forced to use the forum (or other public space) to create a case history in future.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Answered by support team View Answer on 29 Nov 2015 at 12:13pm
Dear Mr Removed,
Thank you for getting in touch with us about your account.
As per the previous message, we are unable to assist with queries through this system as it is in the process of being removed. You will need to either call or use the live chat service. As far as we are aware the live person software is currently compatible with all known browsers including those on android and iOS. You should be able to start a chat without issue. If you do encounter any issues, please let us know along with any error messages you get so I can report this to the developers. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved. If you wish to close this ticket you can do so via our website. Alternatively it will automatically close in 14 days.
Kind regards,
Name Removed

My Response on 29 Nov 2015 at 3:02pm
Hi PlusNet Teem
As I have said to you your online chat is not compatible with my screen reader, you do know what a screen reader is?
It is not a Browser!
Can you please Answer my Question is Will spam protection work with Redirects? i.e. email forwarding
Thank you for your time.
From Gary

[Edit]
I don't think they read what I have written!  Angry  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I expect you'll get the same stupid response again, others have had similar when they have tried a "disallowed" topic. You need to add about your disability and the discrimination that their only alternative solutions introduce - totally against the DDA requirements.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I set this poll up so that anyone who has changed their mind about this can remove and recast their vote. I wonder if anyone who has voted for the restoration has got used to the new system and is OK with it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I don't know what the old system was, but I don't like the current system where a wrong answer in the "wizards" blows you off without saving the ticket.  You should be able raise a ticket on any sort of issue.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can get a flavour of it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20141129084142/http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?helpheader=helpassistant
You could raise a question about any and all issues (except giving notice to leave, account changes and negotiating new deals).
Chat didn't exist.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Also, if you are referring to the wizard at http://faults.plus.net then that's always been the case if you happened to give the "wrong" answers - usually the result of giving truthful responses with an intermittent issue. However with the "old" system, you could manually open a ticket on any problem. You are now limited to a very small band of issues, none of which are technical problems with broadband
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Anotherone
Also, if you are referring to the wizard at http://faults.plus.net

That's correct, for example you can't raise a broadband fault if you say there's noise on the phone line, and you can't raise a telephone fault if the remote test passes.  Also I found when I raised a speed fault, although I specifically said the line wasn't dropping, I had a series of questions regarding what happened when the line dropped.  A more hardened user would browbeat their way through by filling in whatever seems most likely to get the fault raised, but I could see that many users would give up because the questions can't answered.    The farcical thing is that if you do succeed in completing the wizard it raises a ticket but doesn't populate it with your answers in any case .. "There's been a problem with our automated troubleshooting process.  Don't worry, our Faults Team will investigate it and be in touch. We'll aim to contact you within 24 hours."
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I still think the original system should remain - maybe tweaked - and there should be an option of sending a ticket via text for times when broadband isnt working.
Tipperlogue

I agree.  please reinstate tickets and also bring back email as a form of support.  The whole service is really starting to slide badly.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

There has never been email as a support channel.

Resurection of the ticket system for residential users would be great, but the desires of users are not being heeded here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chickendippers
Grafter

Ahha! Good to know I'm not going mad; I just wanted to report a problem and couldn't find the way to raise a ticket anywhere!

It's a real shame to hear that the ticket system was removed, as it is always my preferred method of contact for any company, and was a real selling point of Plusnet to me. It means I can report a problem at my convenience and reply at my convenience. With phone and live chat I have to hang around on hold/waiting whilst the rep performs their investigations.

Live chat seems a particularly poor solution when one's connection is experiencing connectivity problems. Case in point I was just disconnected and only realised that the live chat failed when I asked how the rep was getting along after they'd been quiet for 10 minutes to get an automated message:

You are not currently connected to a member of the Plusnet Chat team.

To make matters worse, once the chat has been disconnected it's not possible to email a log of that chat to yourself to start all over again:

Emailing Chat is available only during a chat

So consider me +1 for restoring the ticket system!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can still report connectivity problems, the old ticket path was never the best way to report these honestly.

If you go to https://faults.plus.net it takes you through the connection troubleshooter.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.