cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Service : Unable to get the broadband connection from 20 days

TechBrigade
Dabbler

Bad Service : Unable to get the broadband connection from 20 days

I am getting a new broadband connection from plusnet. Its been 20 days there is no progress and issue remains with Tag not being removed. Plusnet asks me to call to BT to get tag removed, while BT says its to be done by Plusnet calling BT wholesale.
I had called 10 times to BT, Postoffice and Plusnet till now with no progress whatsoever.
I am fed up now, and now going to withdraw the application with plusnet now.
Bye and thanks for all the rotten fish.. (which i wont take)
18 REPLIES 18
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Bad Service : Unable to get the broadband connection from 20 days

If there is a tag on the line, I'll suspect you will have a problem with whoever you go to next.
Where are you transferring in from and did you get a MAC or just cancel?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I take it BT won't generate a MAC Code for you?
If you'd like me to, I'm more than happy to call BT Wholesale and see if it is possible for them to place a cease on the line.  I can't promise anything, but I'm happy to try.
TechBrigade
Dabbler

I am tenant at this place, where the previous occupier had a BT broadband and BT phone line on this line.
I moved my phone line from BT to Post office and approached plusnet for the broadband.
The phone line is active from 20th May with Post office and i pay bills to Post office.
Since the previous occupier didnot moved his broadband or closed his broadband service, there is a tag still on the line.
I cant remove it by calling BT as it needs to be done by the broadband provider by calling BT Wholesale.
James
Grafter

Thanks - Can you please confirm that the details on your account are the same as the telephone account holder?
Just in case one of them is in your partners name, or something like that Smiley
TechBrigade
Dabbler

The phone line is on my husbands name with post office.
James
Grafter

Could you possibly PM me your husbands name as I'll need to verify the name of the account holder.
TechBrigade
Dabbler

Sent you a private message giving details of account and information you asked for.
James
Grafter

Thank you.
I've called BT Wholesale and requested that they place a cease on the broadband service on the telephone line.
They've informed may that they have raised a request with their supplier and that I should receive an email updating me within 5 working days.  Realistically, I won't see that until Monday, but I'll let you know what they say.
Hopefully we should be making some progress Smiley
TechBrigade
Dabbler

I had been told this from 2nd of June. Its still not been removed. When i spoke to BT last time they told they had done from their part..
I would wait till monday now again.. I am so irritated now cause of the delay in getting this sorted out. I would wait till monday now if that does not get completed i would just move on to other provider.
Internet is like lifeline cant live without.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I fully understand the frustration.  When I first moved to Sheffield it took me a month to get my broadband nistalled.  It's a bit like losing an arm!
I promise you I will do everything I can to get this done.  I've been doing this sort of thing for about 7 years and I'm generally pretty handy at getting BT to play ball.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: TechBrigade
I would wait till monday now if that does not get completed i would just move on to other provider.

... who would have exactly the same problem in providing the service as Plusnet are having and probably with someone far less experienced than James in getting these things sorted out.
The ONLY shortcut would be to abandon ADSL via your telephone line and go for cable if that is available.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TechBrigade
Dabbler

James, Thanks for the follow up.
I had in the mean time got the post office phone line also on my name (it was on my husbands name earlier) to simplify the things.
Please keep me updated, i would be thankful if you could sort this out quickly with BT.
James
Grafter

That's not a problem at all.
As I mentioned in my earlier PM, I'll give them a ring if I've not had a reply to my email by this afternoon.
TechBrigade
Dabbler

Dear James,
I had been told that now Tag is removed and broadband should go live on 26th June.
Thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate it.
I hope there should not be any issues now.
Thanks Again.
- Dipti