Did you mean: 

Account Holder Change

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Account Holder Change

Good Evening,

It's been a while.

Following on from this previous post, it became necessary to change the name of the account holder (due to my father passing away).  Mostly everything went well, the account was moved to my Mum and a new DD was set up, however the colleague I spoke to informed me of one "issue".  The username cannot be changed. 

Now whilst I appreciate this may seem minor, when you are dealing with a situation like that of my Mum and I, it would have been nicer to have been to have been able to change the username as well. 

Is this something PN can look into at all? I am thinking it's not some simple change of process.

I look forward to any comments. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Account Holder Change

@CJT-80 

Condolences on your father's passing.

The username is the fundamental identity of the account and can not be changed.  From the point the account is created, it is cast in stone.  If the name needs to be changed, the only recourse is to close the account and open a new one, with the associated loss of anything attached to the account - e.g. email and referrals.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Townman 

Thank you for your reply and your condolences.

I had assumed this was the case, but at the same time, wondered if there is/was any way PN could somehow implement a way of changing the username (the same as you can change other details in specific circumstances). 

It may have been helpful (though not essential to using the service) to have known this when setting the account up, especially if we could have chosen something less personal. 

Thanks again for your reply.

Kind Regards,

CJT
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

I think that there is clearer "advice" on that matter now, but I do not recall it being there in the past - certainly not when I joined.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.