cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jane’s Appeal End to End Challenge - Day 16

Friday 25th July, London to Henley 56 miles Thursday’s ride from Wellingborough to London was the longest days ride in terms of hours since Jane started doing bike rides five years ago. We barely covered an average  speed that Jane would have done in the States. Really rather pathetic. To say we were slow would be to credit the riders. We arrived in Westminster at 9.15pm, twelve and a quarter hours after setting off.  As we arrived in the capital, the light was failing and we were at the point of having to abandon the day. Quite why it took us so long is beyond my grasp. All credit to BBC Look North's Harry Gration for keeping going despite being exceptionally tired. If I had been Harry I’d have been begging for a lift after 30 miles. Everyone on the road was a little tired after two long stages. Today we’ve cycled out of London to Henley. It’s been a posh day. They were setting up the grounds of Windsor Castle for a polo tournament and Henley is still festooned with decorations from the regatta. It’s a little different to home, but none the better for it. St Albans may be a wealthy town but clearly none of that money is spent on the highways as the road had more pot holes than the Yorkshire Dales and trust me some were bigger. Mike.

0 Thanks
0 Comments
This widget could not be displayed.