Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for hub one to go into bin.

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Time for hub one to go into bin.

Unfortunately after getting new firmware nothing has changed and ive bought a bt hub 6 as suggested by others.

Devices being kicked off, low speeds, ip profile gone down from 40+ to 35 due to reboots.

Everyone in household complaining since using this router after my n56u's 2.4ghz died.

Just bought a opened - never used bt 6 for £11.38 on ebay auction.

Hub one is the worse router ever, can't believe plusnet dragging this dead horse along for this long.

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Time for hub one to go into bin.

Apologies for calling you at a bad time this morning @Faizan786

I've just sent you an email regarding ther amount you've paid for your new router if you'd like to have a look. Please feel free to respond to the open Ticket via your online Member Centre, or respond via the SMS that I've sent alongside it.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Update:- Since buying a BT Hub 6 and using @Baldrick1 setup guide to get everything up and running. I haven't had a single drop in service or wifi.

My speeds have jumped from 34mb to Download speed achieved during the test was 37.24 Mbps

My IP Profile has jumped to 38.87 Mbps from 34Mbps since using bt6.

I only had the hub one for 2 months due to N56u's  2.4ghz wifi die on me.

The N56U was solid 42+mbps wired and wireless, since replacing it with hub one all i had was wifi dropouts, daily drops, IP profile dropping to 34mbps.

I'm hoping the dlm will take me back to 42+mbps soon.

I cannot believe @Baldrick1 has the setup post since 2018 I believe and still people continue to use hub one.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Faizan786 

I suspect that for a signicant number of customers the HubOne does the job. It certainly does for me. PlusNet is a "value" brand and does not therefore use premium equipment.

Brian

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

There's significant number that are suffering too, just look at forum. luckily I only suffered with it for 2 months or so