cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal issues around the house

JulieD42
Dabbler

Signal issues around the house

We have full fibre, and since moving to Plusnet in the autumn we have such poor signal around the house which isn’t great when my husband works from home. His work aren’t happy with his poor connection in meetings. The speed tests are fine in most rooms hitting 128, but certain rooms are very poor and signal is weak causing connection issues,

What can I do?

16 REPLIES 16
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Signal issues around the house

@JulieD42 That sounds like a problem with the construction/size/layout of your house, as it appears something is blocking the wireless signals. Presumably your husband works from one room - what is the performance like there? How far from the Hub are the 'problem' rooms?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

anniesboy
Rising Star

I suffered the same problem I purchased a BT wifi mesh system which resolved the issue. I cant say it would resolve in your case.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@anniesboy - it most likely would, but it it could be an expensive way of sorting it if a simple reconfiguration was all that was what was needed.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @JulieD42, due to how WiFi technology works we can't guarantee a signal in every room but I'd like to make sure you're getting the most from the router's wireless signal. 

If you like I can log into the router from here and run a smart channel scan, that should make sure the router is transmitting the wireless signal on channels that are free from interference and be more reliable for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JulieD42
Dabbler

Hello, yes that would be helpful. Do I have to do anything to help you to do this?

JulieD42
Dabbler

Router in living room, he works in the next room in the dining room. Signal poor, he has a lag on his teams calls etc 

JulieD42
Dabbler

Thank you. I’ll check it out if plusnet can’t help.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I am Plusnet staff so let me know if you want me to do that for you, there's nothing you'd need to do to allow it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JulieD42
Dabbler

Yes please.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I've just done that now so it would be worth checking to see if that's improved things when you can.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there Julie, how are things looking since the changes I made for you?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JulieD42
Dabbler

Still the signal is weak in 2 rooms. My sons room especially is bad, constant lag and he can’t FaceTime a friend. What can be done please?

daviesryan35
Hooked

Is the problem with low signal strength normally on the top of your screen or is it just stuttering and lagging?