Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roon ARC

FIXED
IanH7
Hooked

Roon ARC

Hello

Roon ARC is a means of access music from a server linked to my Wifi.

Having changed to the Hub Two, Roon is unable to access the network and the help pages for Roon ARC says I need to check that my router supports UPnP or NAT-PMP configuration.

I have checked the Configuration for the relevant server on the router and both UPnP and Extended UPnP Security are already switched to On.

Roon suggests Manually setting the Port but that is way beyond my capabilities.

Just wondering if I am missing something with the Hub Two before contacting the Community/Support at Roon?

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Roon ARC

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Is this access from outside of your home network? (away from home in other words)

Port forwarding is not required for access within your own network.
That's RPM to you!!
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

Can you access the machine the Roon ARC is hosted on by any other means, or can you access your network from the Roon ARC server?  Something I'm trying to establish with this is if whatever you're hosting this on has a static IP Address outside of the Hub Two subnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

IanH7
Hooked

Yes, away from home.

IanH7
Hooked

The music is all hosted on a Roon Nucleus server which works fine with my other hifi equipment in the house.

Roon ARC is designed to allow access to the Nucleus server via WiFi when out of the home.

RPMozley
Pro

Okay, looks like you will have to set up port forwarding on the hub 2. It might look daunting at first when you don’t know what is what but once you know what to do it’s reasonably easy to setup.

Did Roon give you any port numbers required to be open?
That's RPM to you!!
IanH7
Hooked

Thanks RPM.

The port for Roon ARC is 55002

I must admit that I have no idea how to set up port forwarding on the hub and am always concerned that I shall mess up something working perfectly?!

Roon ARC is a 'nice to have'. Roon in the house is essential.

RPMozley
Pro

Fix
Messing something up in the port forwarding isn’t going to break anything, so no need to worry about that. If you do get something wrong you can easily delete and start again.

Take a look at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/hub-two/
At the port forwarding section. Follow the instructions, what little there is. If, at any stage, you don’t know what to put in what area just ask here, plenty of people to help you out.
That's RPM to you!!