cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connection to router

teddman
Grafter

Poor connection to router

I'm having real issues with the router. It's been an intermittent problem for a few months but now is just unbearable.

The range is so poor, phone won't connect if you go any further than the front room which is a pain as I don't get phone signal where I live either, and new ps5 which the boy got for Xmas just won't connect despite his room being literally above the router downstairs.

Iv just renewed my contract with PN and didn't bother getting a new router when I ordered but is there any way or getting a new one sent out?

For ref this is the same router iv had for the past 2/3 years so maybe it's just had it?

Iv messed about with settings and frequency etc it doesn't make any difference.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420
Moved:

Re: Poor connection to router

Post split off to its own topic, moved to Brosadband and renamed as it's probably unconnected.

teddman
Grafter

Confused?

The linked topic is not the same issue I'm having?

Anyone answer my original question?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@teddman 

If you've just renewed your contract then ring the Cuatomer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 during normal office hours and ask for a Hub 2.

Use a WiFi sniffer app, I use WiFi Analyzer on an Android phone, with which you can 'see' your neighbours transmissions, try it at both your hub location and where you use your devices. Select the channel with the least signal from others and the maximum fron your hub. Check both bands.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'