cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nighthawk X4S D7800 VDSL/Router using Plusnet VDSL FTTC 40/10

esoxecosse
Dabbler

Nighthawk X4S D7800 VDSL/Router using Plusnet VDSL FTTC 40/10

Hi there, just bought this router off eBay, might not be one of my wisest choices but I'll soon find out..lol.

Did full reset and updated the firmware to latest version, I couldn't use the manual method to connect to Plusnet but eventually I did get connected via the Genie, the connection speed seems to be a tad faster than the Hub One and BT Business Hub 6 I've been using, I't been solid for over 15hrs now and would have been longer but I needed to reboot the router as I was messing about in the software and the only way to get it back was turn off and back on, the firmware is definitely a bit flakey and not overly user friendly.

I've read that this router drops the connection every 5 days and needs to be rebooted to regain connection but I'll have to wait and see on that one, my settings seem a bit awry as well as you can see in the image, the options to change some of these are either not available or there is only the one option there.

Any opinions appreciated and any D7800 owners with set up advice, that would be really appreciated.

Cheers

MarkC